Phantom 3 4K paint job

Only problem with that, it will show white between top and bottom shell. Unless you do a better job than me, I tried that en had ro take it apart. Best of luck and share the pictures with all of us. Cheers
keep in mind you have to sand a little so paint stick better to the shell. I didn't do that and some places paint chipped.

Reactions: Nickatnite
Good job! Just FYI, there are products in the Autobody industry specifically for paint adhesion on raw plastic parts. They work extremely well! A bit pricey, but well worth the cost. Sanding with a very fine grade scotchbrite pad is helpful, but adding an adhesion promoter to the plastic before the painting is tremendously recommended.There is not much worse than the loss of paint adhesion on plastic, to have to redo. By the way, I own a Autobody shop and have been painting since I was 13 years old.
I have a few undamaged shells that I have plans to do wild paint schemes on?

Reactions: brigerdrones
Good job! Just FYI, there are products in the Autobody industry specifically for paint adhesion on raw plastic parts. They work extremely well! A bit pricey, but well worth the cost. Sanding with a very fine grade scotchbrite pad is helpful, but adding an adhesion promoter to the plastic before the painting is tremendously recommended.There is not much worse than the loss of paint adhesion on plastic, to have to redo. By the way, I own a Autobody shop and have been painting since I was 13 years old.
I have a few undamaged shells that I have plans to do wild paint schemes on?

Can't wait to see your work, with your experience in the business I know you are going to have some outstanding work. Please post when you do so we can take some ideas, me too have a few extra shells because did the Phanvic mode and maybe I would do the same on them. By the way how much will it cost the paint you have mention, that it comes in spray cans or in containers that you have to use spray gun? Thank you and good luck when you do your work with the shells.

Will do! The materials I will be using are specific to the Autobody industry so I will be able to have more options for custom effects. But I have seen some rattle can jobs that are pretty darn nice looking!
The paint I use is sprayed with a spray gun, and is quite spendy. There are a few suppliers, like NAPA,Advanced Auto Parts, that have the ability to mix base-coat colors in an aerosol can. Then you just need to apply a clear-coat and there are many brands and qualities of spray can clears on the market already to use.
When you get to it, let me know and I can help you with some of the finer points of painting.??

C1A0E303-D4A9-4D6F-8CE8-794414D46878.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31