Phantom 3 4k controller

Reaction score
Morning, got a problem with my controller!! Went to check everything for today's eclipse, charged everything last nite, <br />I know it was charging, and disconnected all when done. <br />The power button does nothing. Retested charger.its ok, but when I plug cord into controller. Nothing lights up.<br />Can the controller be to cold? It's sits in a very cold room. <br />Never had this problem before! Help! 2.45 pm is coming soon for the eclipse. I want to film the shadows around my house.

Here is a solution from the DJI site that people with a P3 have used and said it works:

Hold down the C1 + C2 buttons while pressing the Camera setting wheel and the Shutter button above the settings wheel (all at the same time) and it will power on. You do not need to press the power button on the controller for this. It took me a few tries to get it to power on.

Thanks for quick reply,but I just tried it at least 25 times, no results. Saw a video to open controller and remove and reconnect ribbon to board. And it will reset, and it did in the video, should I try that?

Well, it is not under warranty so that part is ok if you take it apart. If you are confident about doing it then go for it, can't hurt.

Yes it worked!!!!
Opened unit, there was a small green lite flashing on main board, unplugged battery, re connected it and lite went out and unit powered up. Yea! Powered up both units, and got a green lite on controller . Did not try to fly it yet, test soon.

Interesting that while this problem is present, the controller is broadcasting a wifi frequency! I had the same issue, resolved by unplugging for a couple minutes and plugging it back in as above. While diagnosing the problem, I noticed the wifi signal available in wifi setting of phone/tablet even though the controller would not power up. that would explain the green light you saw when you opened it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72