Phantom 2V - DJI Vision app issues

Reaction score
I've had my P2V for several months now and haven't ever used the camera since I was trying to practice my flying without it.

Now I am attempting to set it up for camera use and cannot get it to connect even when following the step by step instructions on DJI wiki.

Below are my screen shots and any advice would be welcome as I can't seem to figure it out.

IMG_1572.PNG
IMG_1573.PNG
IMG_1574.PNG

I'm having exactly the sam issue! I have been trying everything I can think of to fix the issue.

@Flight1951 @FlightMedic

This is usually bottom board failure, the wifi board.

If your UK side you can send them if you want as I have a couple of spare egg cameras so may be able to fix it

Pm me for details

same sort of issue with me :( can connect to drone and such just get no information from it

@crash1sttime Thanks for the response. My apologies as I am just now seeing this. Unfortunately I'm in the US so shipping maybe cost prohibitive. Would you need the entire drone or just the camera?

@crash1sttime Thanks for the response. My apologies as I am just now seeing this. Unfortunately I'm in the US so shipping maybe cost prohibitive. Would you need the entire drone or just the camera?
same sort of issue with me :( can connect to drone and such just get no information from it

Not sure who messaged me, ive messaged you back, anyone else in the UK needs help with the vision or vision plus feel free to email me at [email protected]

The problem used to be the order you turn everything on. First the RC, Second the battery, Third the WiFi extender - and be sure the darn thing is fully charged!

In late 2016, DJI put in a firmware upgrade for the P2V, which, for all of us who upgraded thereafter, we could connect OK but got the dreaded "black screen." DJI finally realized the problem and that they had to fix it. By submitting the proper documentation showing that you owned the P2V before the upgrade, DJI said it would fix the problem for free. I did that, DJI accepted my documentation and sent me a shipping label, then received the message only a few days after I sent it that DJI had fixed the problem, but it would cost me $138. It seemed that they fixed some things* in addition to the black screen problem. I grumbled, but went ahead and paid the $138, because my P2V lacks the geofencing that prevents my P3P from flying near an airport,and I need to fly near a Class C airport with, of course, notification to the airport's ATC.

The upshot is that my P2V now flies as good as new for all that DJI did to it.

* One of the things I was charged for was a new upper shell. I was puzzled about that, because that would seem to have nothing to do with a black screen, and because as far as I knew, the shell was perfectly fine. Oh, and one other thing: From the day I first obtained my P2V four years ago or so, something rattled loosely inside it. The rattle didn't seem to affect flight at all, but nothing rattles in the repaired P2V now. Maybe fixing that rattle cost me additional $$$. DJI, understandably, couldn't return the P2V fixing just one problem and leaving me with others.

The problem used to be the order you turn everything on. First the RC, Second the battery, Third the WiFi extender - and be sure the darn thing is fully charged!

In late 2016, DJI put in a firmware upgrade for the P2V, which, for all of us who upgraded thereafter, we could connect OK but got the dreaded "black screen." DJI finally realized the problem and that they had to fix it. By submitting the proper documentation showing that you owned the P2V before the upgrade, DJI said it would fix the problem for free. I did that, DJI accepted my documentation and sent me a shipping label, then received the message only a few days after I sent it that DJI had fixed the problem, but it would cost me $138. It seemed that they fixed some things* in addition to the black screen problem. I grumbled, but went ahead and paid the $138, because my P2V lacks the geofencing that prevents my P3P from flying near an airport,and I need to fly near a Class C airport with, of course, notification to the airport's ATC.

The upshot is that my P2V now flies as good as new for all that DJI did to it.

* One of the things I was charged for was a new upper shell. I was puzzled about that, because that would seem to have nothing to do with a black screen, and because as far as I knew, the shell was perfectly fine. Oh, and one other thing: From the day I first obtained my P2V four years ago or so, something rattled loosely inside it. The rattle didn't seem to affect flight at all, but nothing rattles in the repaired P2V now. Maybe fixing that rattle cost me additional $$$. DJI, understandably, couldn't return the P2V fixing just one problem and leaving me with others.

Upper shell contains the cooling fan, the rattle may have been a piece of it that had snapped off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20