Phantom 2 yellow lights while flying

Reaction score
While flying my p2 today I encountered a problem. I got the flashing green lights and took off. About a minute into my flight, the rear lights went from green to yellow and back to green. It went back to normal for a minute or so and did it again. (I was on gps) can someone please tell me what this means?

UPDATE: I found that when I moved my p2 after it had found a home point, I would get the yellow lights. If I moved it and waited 30 seconds, the yellow would go away and turn to green like normal. If I moved it and took off right away, I would get the yellow lights. I contacted dji and this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology. We are a North American Customer Service and Repair facility.

To better assist you we need to know if the yellow lights where flashing fast or slow. If fast then that means you lost connection to your phantom with your transmitter. If slow it mean you might have lost GPS for a second. Please respond for further assistance. Thank you for your patients and understanding.

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

DJI Customer Service North America

I told them slow, they then told me to call a number and talk about sending it in for repair. I would appreciate it if someone would try this with their p2 and tell me if they get the same thing with the lights.

Last edited:
Hook your P2 up to the assistant software and see if your craft is indeed the Phantom mode and not in Naza-M mode. That info will be in the top banner and also make sure you have switch S1 is in the top position not the center position. Both the naza-m and the center position of S1 is the ATTI mode which will cause the LEDs to change from green to yellow. Of course there also be another explanation for the LEDs changing from green to yellow.

Im actually out of town with my phantom right now and wont have access to a computer for a couple of days. Before I left I changed the flight boundaries to 3200 feet (not planning to go that high, just didnt want to be restricted on boundaries). Would that have turned Naza-m mode on?

No. But not knowing or being able to check in the P2 software doesn't help either.

Could mean a multitude of things.
Most likely GPS>ATTI>GPS. The phantom would be dropping sats to less than 6 (yellow) and then picking up just enough to return to green.
You will know as the phantom will drift with the wind.

The other possibility is the NAZA mode with IOC enabled and a failed left S2 toggle switch. You get similar flashes when IOC is enabled.
The only way to check is via RC12 or phantom assist.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20