Phantom 2 with weird issues

Zeb

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have 2 phantom 2 quads and I am having some issues getting one to fly that I cant resolve through searching.
firstly, the light on one remote is solid green, and the other remote which I assume is exactly the same, is solid red. Both remotes will bind with both drones but only my main drone will actually fly at the moment.

so the issues with the drone; I power it up and it goes through standard sequence, after that, one light is yellow and one is red and the blink simultaneously. I assumed this means that the compass needs calibrating. I put it into compass mode but instead of going solid yellow on both lights, it goes solid yellow on one light and solid red on the other. Carrying on through the calibration process, I do the horizontal rotation and it changes to one light green....the other light is just off (at this point I am assuming thet the green LED in the right hand light is damaged hence the weird colour scenario?
anyways, I carry on and do the vertical rotation after which the lights go back to flashing (one yellow and one red)

assuming the green LED on one light is broken, It would be reasonable to assume that both lights should be yellow and the compass calibration is simply failing?

when I operate the remote sticks to start the phantom, I get 4 quick red flashes.

I just wanted to be sure that it is simply failing the compass calibration? unless anyone has some other ideas?

also, advice as to how I can resolve the compass calibration issue would be helpful, I have tried inside, outside, both DJI dance methods :) and waving a magnet underneath the thing. I have also used the assistant to reset the quad and re calibrate and check for latest firmware etc.

My final question is this, is the remote controller meant to connect directly to the PC via usb? I have connected the drone successfully ad calibrated everything but the controller simply wont connect, I have drivers installed restarted, reconnected multiple times etc.

any help appreciated guys, I am a bit of a noob but keen to get this sorted!

cheers

NewHi guys, I have 2 phantom 2 quads and I am having some issues getting one to fly that I cant resolve through searching.
firstly, the light on one remote is solid green, and the other remote which I assume is exactly the same, is solid red. Both remotes will bind with both drones but only my main drone will actually fly at the moment.

Please clarify what you mean the other remote is solid red. What is RED? The LED on the remote or the LED on the second drone?

NewHi guys, I have 2 phantom 2 quads and I am having some issues getting one to fly that I cant resolve through searching.

Please clarify what you mean the other remote is solid red. What is RED? The LED on the remote or the LED on the second drone?

the LED light on one remote is solid green, the LED light on the other remote is solid red.

hi all, just in case this help someone else, I had a number of faults all of which I have sorted out except for 1.
Firstly, the green LED was broken on one side so the light sequences are in fact normal.
secondly, the compass calibration issue was resolved by unplugging and removing the compass cable, checking all connectors and the cable for faults and then replacing, cable had a fault which I fixed. problem solved
apparently the lights being different on the controllers is pretty normal...seems odd though but both work
the issue of controller linking is due to a dodgy reciever cable. again, replaced and problem solved.

so the only thing I couldnt resolve as yet is the controller connecting to PC via USB.
Can anyone confirm that the controller is definately meant to connect via USB to PC direct?

cheers in advance

zeb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31