Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 limitations

here is the opinion that will be open for comment when published
https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf.

this most important part

0Rz9AOk.png

a little bit off topic - i wonder how much time and money did the government/ court waste to come up with the 83' limits in the chicken farmer case referred to above? Also, trees in NC grow taller than 83' as I know that for fact...... ask my Phantom:)

a little bit off topic - i wonder how much time and money did the government/ court waste to come up with the 83' limits in the chicken farmer case referred to above? Also, trees in NC grow taller than 83' as I know that for fact...... ask my Phantom:)
None. This was a civil trial. Also, some people are misunderstanding what this case set forth. The civil court ruled that a land owner has the right to use his land as it was intended and that plane in the air could interfere with the. It was determined that the planes in question were flying at 83 feet. So this is the height at which a court has ruled can affect the use of someone's land.

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
These are the FAA guidelines for hobbiest. No where does it say in a no fly zone you can go as high as you can. Small aircraft have area of altitude they can fly in and so we as hobbiest are to stay at 400 ft or below to keep from entering into other airspace.

www.faa.gov/model aircraft operations. Of course this is for the U.S. Guidelines.

The key is, I feel, to avoid departures from good sense. What does this mean? Well the FAA has a loosely bound set of rules that lend to good practices. For example: “Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations.” To a normal individual who is in this hobbyist community, this makes reasonable sense, and has an obvious logic chain as to why the aforementioned is a good idea. Problems arise when, for example: A half-wit decides that it might be really cool to get some high altitude footage over an outdoor concert, and because half-wit fails to realize that when a 2 Lb. object free falls from a 1000 feet into a crowd, the results are probably going to be someone having a closed casket funeral because the force of the impact resulted in massive deformation of the victims skull when the aircraft made impact with the unsuspecting individual. As unfortunate as this would be, the aftermath would be viral social media outrage on behalf of the victim’s family. This would lend itself to politicians needing to be the hero, and thus remedying the situation, by passing “tough legislation to protect our children and families”. (The all too common mantra as a guise for a plain old governmental power grab) The end result would of course be the end of the hobby all-together. The lesson: If you see, or know of someone being stupid, they probably need a “re-calibration”, perhaps behind the tool shed…

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj