Phantom 2 Vision+ / Range Extender Issues?

Reaction score
Good morning , Jim Trent here, I'm new to the forum. I won a used Phantom 2 Vision+ at our company gala. Batteries were weak, purchased new ones. Just got it up and running about a month ago. Video and FPV comes and goes when I try to rebind it, but has gotten worse. I would like to thank David Bruce Kerr for the info on pinging the wi-fi extender to check for statistics, that works well. I've read plenty of discussion on "black screen" on the dji vision app. Found out the top and bottom pc boards are pretty much shot! Could any one inform me if the problem is in the range extender or actually in the phantom body? If its in the range extender that should be an easy fix, I believe you can get new ones and reconfigure it to the phantom, thanks, Jim

When your video starts futzing up, it's usually the wi-fi module on board the aircraft. There's a known problem of the board overheating and getting fried

Just to add some to rexter's response, the wifi module is inside the P2 shell, not the range extender. DJI's not making them anymore, so you have to find one online.They're readily available for ~$100. It's a10-minute job to replace it. Then you have to relink it. There are plenty of instructions online for how to do it, and I had one installed and relinked at a DJI service center. So, that's an option if you have one nearby. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.