Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Mori55 said:
They want to see how many will pay the price.
If everone give them that price that is what it will be.
Why not wait and see ? You know the first ones will be F' ed up as usuall

For your statement to be true, then Amazon is conspiring with DJI.

Amazon is a legit retailer who has no interest in using us to test prices.

It is true however that prices will drop if there is no demand. To the extent that guys like me want the improved product, and see the value, then sorry. I guess you're of the opinion that value is not there. I respect your opinion just as I ask that you respect mine.

mem_ny said:
I don't understand all the hating and animosity. The fact that the price is significantly higher should please all existing P2V owners. They've effectively created two similar products, one being enhanced (out of the box). There is clearly a market for both and many will opt to buy the P2V notwithstanding this higher priced alternative. Why have we, as the consumer, been hurt? They only people I feel badly for are the small third party companies that have developed gimbals. They too however knew the risks and were burdened by their own delays.
I

Well said! :)

I guess my point is , yesterday dji said in their video 1300 now today it 1900.
Am I the only one who doesn't get it. Maybe I'm thick idk.

Mori55 said:
I guess my point is , yesterday dji said in their video 1300 now today it 1900.
Am I the only one who doesn't get it. Maybe I'm thick idk.

I think you'll find DJI have made no claims whatsoever. Indeed they didn't or to my knowledge as yet haven't made public ANY video relating to the P2V+.

the video doing the rounds yesterday was either a publicity stunt claiming to be from CNET or indeed a pre-publication review from CNET. It may have been pulled because it probably broke an embargo asking the media to NOT talk about something what hasn't been officially announced. OR it just may have been a joke. But, DJI have never quoted a price, released a video or told the wider public what their plans are for a new version of P2V. :D

Tomorrow or indeed later today. Things may be different.

Bmews

Seahorse said:
Android Version.

What's New
Version 1.0.39:
1. Support for PHANTOM 2 Vision+.
2. Added display of the battery level of the remote extender.
3. Added support for renaming of the SSID of the remote extender and binding by manually input of the MAC of the camera.
4. Changed the display style of the attitude ball to make it easier to know the current status of the quadcopter.
5. Added support for flight limitation in no-fly zone.

There are new screen shots when you start the app showing the silver camera, so the CNET video is correct.
Read the reviews of the app before updating. Reviews of the update are reporting problems.

Mori55 said:
Ohh okay I guess we thought it was official , let me know when you think it's official.

As I have said several times already today, it will be official when I see something on the DJI website, and as of 30 seconds ago, there was nothing there about the P2V+. In fact, the site has been changed in the last couple of days with a different look, where the P2V is the showcase on the home page. When that changes to the P2V+, THEN it will be official!!

I'm shocked from the price!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Just speculation, but looks to me like it's probably the same FC200 camera, just re-factored. The lens & sensor board are now in the small silver case, and the processor/wifi board is now up under the body - possibly combined with the gimbal controller. Probably a good design move - lowers the camera mass that actually has to be moved by the gimbal. No need to move the wifi controller and antennas. In fact, keeping those stationary will probably help the range & reception reliability.

I guess we'll find out in a day or two...

jimre said:
Just speculation, but looks to me like it's probably the same FC200 camera, just re-factored. The lens & sensor board are now in the small silver case, and the processor/wifi board is now up under the body - possibly combined with the gimbal controller. Probably a good design move - lowers the camera mass that actually has to be moved by the gimbal. No need to move the wifi controller and antennas. In fact, keeping those stationary will probably help the range & reception reliability.

I guess we'll find out in a day or two...

I was thinking the same thing but didn't wanna jinx it... shhhhhhhhh

Total: USD $ 1354.27

That the total on the dji website

They will start shipping on the 15th of April

stenno said:
Total: USD $ 1354.27

That the total on the dji website

They will start shipping on the 15th of April

I'd hate to be one of the jackasses that paid $1,900 on Amazon!

I guess it was the official video. Ripoff on Amazon.
I guess you guys who thought the 1999 price was fair can buy it there ! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164