Phantom 2 vision plus, upgrades suggestions 2022

Reaction score
Howdy All

After some suggestions on upgrades, I have been given a Phantom 2 vision plus which needs some fixing up.

Have watched a few videos on upgrades but find most of the links on the videos to be too old/expired store items.

One thing I would love to start on is a GoPro setup that feeds back to the DJI Vision app, most of the suggestions date back to 2014/2016 for the GoPro4, would a newer GoPro work better?

My thinking is being 2022 there might be better upgrades and maybe cheaper prices.

E.g. Battery replacement, Props, Antenna Circular Polarized.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Reactions: Dronial
I lined the top of mine with copper foil that shields the GPS antenna from the rest of the interior. It definitely improved my satellite situation. And it can't hurt. I also use a small piece of a small tie wrap to better secure the GPS molex cable connector at the board end (not the antenna end). This is to prevent it from accidentally coming apart. It's a "just in case" for sure. It is not a clipped connector, it just slides in and is a bit loose. There were reports many years ago of that being a possible culprit of flyaways. I also have a bracket on my gimbal to help prevent damage in the event of a crash. I have never crashed mine in the nearly 10 (I think?) years I have had it. I have no recollection of where I got the bracket it was so long ago. I also have a spare camera cable (the flat black one) I bought when they were hard to find in the early years. I bet they are way harder to find now. I also have a directional Itelite antenna that plugs into my modded extender AND my modded controller. Works very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.