phantom 2 vision plus 4 green lights red quick

Reaction score
I seem to be having an issue. After a good compass calibration I get 4 slow green lights followed by a quick red series. What does this mean?

I’m getting EXACTLY the same sequence. The four green flashes...then a quick burst of red flashes for 2 and bit second. Anyone else had the same or can explain what we’re seeing??

thanks

On Ph3, this typically means Ambarella is restarting.

This can be checked by connecting to UART.
Oh, also - sometimes it's just because of SD-card, and removing the card makes Ambarella work.

Ambarella is a chip which controls both SD-card and the LED. It drives CMOS sensor, gets image data from it, and sends to SD-card, while also preparing lower quality video for FPV. That FPV video then goes to DaVinci which is compressing it for radio transmission.

EDIT: Somehow I assumed the question is about gimbal light. So the answer above is for that - if you see such sequence in gimbal LED, not arm LEDs.

Last edited:
Update: I was getting those light sequences in my back yard and in the local park(West Ham Park, London). I tries in a larger park(Victoria Park, London)and even though an app I use showers a similar number of satellites available it now just flashes green! I guess there must have been some interference that isn’t there in a larger open area.

Off to Richmond Park fly zone Saturday morning!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan