Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Re: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Trazor said:
My gimbal started the 7000km journey to Salt Lake City from Norway yesterday, fingers crossed ATKdrones will be able to fix it.

Why did you not send it to Germany ?

Re: Sv: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

robinb said:
Trazor said:
My gimbal started the 7000km journey to Salt Lake City from Norway yesterday, fingers crossed ATKdrones will be able to fix it.

Because ATKdrones are not in Germany :)

On a seriuos note, my dealer did not reply to my service request, and DJI Europe only accept service through their dealers. So, the official DJI service system was of no help to me.

Re: Sv: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Trazor said:
robinb said:
Trazor said:

Because ATKdrones are not in Germany :)

On a seriuos note, my dealer did not reply to my service request, and DJI Europe only accept service through their dealers. So, the official DJI service system was of no help to me.

Strange I had an email conversation with DJI Germany and they were more than happy to take it direct for repair.
I hope you don't get stung with import duty on its return.

Support2 EU (DJI)
Oct 08 15:03

No, we are a service for dealers only.
But he can arrange everything for you.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Trazor
Oct 08 14:58

Is it possible to send it directly to you instead of going through my dealer?

This is part of my conversation with DJI Europe.

my email with them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 10.25.06.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 10.25.06.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 493

Did you ask if you yourself could sent it directly to them?

In the OP, it notes that if that camera post is broken, the ribbon cable fix won't work...

We've got the post!

In case anyone else has run into that same post breaking (the one connecting the camera to the gimbal), we encountered the same problem and after not being able to find replacement parts from DJI (they'll tell you to send it in, and the repair center will replace the whole assembly for over $600), we had them custom manufactured.

It was much more efficient to have them made in quantity, so as a result, we've got these pins available for sale. If you are a dealer and would like them in quantity, email to trailsidecycle at gmail and we'll work out something.

If you're a consumer, you can pick them up at our ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261615227884

The Yeti said:
$60? Seriously? [emoji52]

I know man... sorry :/

Reverse engineering + A short run in a US machine shop = expensive.

If we see that there's a demand for these, future runs will be larger, and we won't have to reverse engineer the dimensions of the part, so we'll be able to drive the cost down. Note though that that's contingent on us selling through our current stock at least enough to recover our upfront cost.

Trazor said:
Support2 EU (DJI)
Oct 08 15:03
This is part of my conversation with DJI Europe.

According to the same DJI Support, they will not sell us the spare cables because: "You won´t be able to do it by yourself as the Gimbal needs a full calibration afterwards."

I gave up talking to them - those greedy bastards just wants you to buy the full gimbal replacement.

Trailside Cycle said:
In the OP, it notes that if that camera post is broken, the ribbon cable fix won't work...

We've got the post!

In case anyone else has run into that same post breaking (the one connecting the camera to the gimbal), we encountered the same problem and after not being able to find replacement parts from DJI (they'll tell you to send it in, and the repair center will replace the whole assembly for over $600), we had them custom manufactured.

It was much more efficient to have them made in quantity, so as a result, we've got these pins available for sale. If you are a dealer and would like them in quantity, email to trailsidecycle at gmail and we'll work out something.

If you're a consumer, you can pick them up at our ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261615227884

Very cool that you have found a replacement post. I will add your listing to the original post. If you ever end up making them available on a normal website (not just eBay) I will update to that link as well.

DJI has told me that "Part 19" replacement ribbon cable is now available upon request. They told me a price which I am waiting to disclose because I was not sure if it was the MAP or dealer price. Sufficient enough to say that it was significantly more expensive than the ATK Drones cable, but I was informed that "Part 19 includes 3 servos and 1 cable". I requested a photo of what is included, as that might justify the cost they have proposed.

DDMSteve said:
Sufficient enough to say that it was significantly more expensive than the ATK Drones cable

Yeah - why sell a $10 cable when you can add some extra irrelevant stuff and sell it for $150.
Does Part #19 also include an gimbal calibration set? According to DJI it is impossible to replace the cable without calibrating the gimbal.

Yep ridiculous. Dozens of gimbals have been fixed with ~$2 laser printed flex cables, motor shaft pot realignment and straightening any bent arms. Don't get ripped off paying for something you don't need.
Cheers,
Jim
freqflyer said:
DDMSteve said:
Sufficient enough to say that it was significantly more expensive than the ATK Drones cable

Yeah - why sell a $10 cable when you can add some extra irrelevant stuff and sell it for $150.
Does Part #19 also include an gimbal calibration set? According to DJI it is impossible to replace the cable without calibrating the gimbal.

Trailside Cycle said:

We've got the post!

Trailside-

I just added your ebay link to my new website that will include links to "hard to find" P2V+ parts. If you have any other contact info you would like listed send me a PM.

RB

The Yeti said:
UAVProducts said:
Sorry for the Spam but we have the cables. We just can't sell them (per DJI) as a separate part. We have to install them.
http://www.uavproducts.com/category.php?id_category=61

Do you guarantee it to work afterwards like ATK does? I was about to send mine to ATK.

ATK does not make that guarantee. They test the gimbal to make sure its okay, then install the cable. If it does not work, you get a $50 credit.

Any way I can get one or two of these ribbons at a reasonable price? I can only find them at http://atkdrones.com/ at a price of $85.00 each. This is totally highway robbery as I'm sure they can be made for less then $15.00 each???

ElecCom said:
Any way I can get one or two of these ribbons at a reasonable price? I can only find them at http://atkdrones.com/ at a price of $85.00 each. This is totally highway robbery as I'm sure they can be made for less then $15.00 each???

Maybe in the long run when thousands are made. But making of just a hundred or two is not very cheap. Not to mention the original reverse engineering costs. I think it time the price will drop.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT