Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Reaction score
EDIT/UPDATE 11/27/14 Ribbon cables again unavailable
EDIT/UPDATE 11/25/14 Ribbon cables are now available: [link redacted]

EDIT/UPDATE 10/17/14 to include a motor/camera post now available through an aftermarket manufacturer "DJI Ribbon Cable + 3 Servos soon to be available through DJI
*EDITED/UPDATED 10/8/14* Please read update in BLUE
*EDITED/UPDATED 8/22/14 PLEASE READ END OF POST FOR UPDATES*
*EDIT/UPDATE 9/8/14 Fixed DropBox link by M.Tigelaar for tear down of camera. No replacement cables are available yet. Some who have received cables have posted successful results of replacing and getting their camera to work again*

Phantom Pilots crew,

At the huge amount of requests we have received through email and phone calls for the ribbon cable we were able to convince DJI to send us a very limited quantity of cables which we were successful in doing! :cool:

E81tPvu.jpg

:!: The way that we can make this benefit all Phantom users will be if we can see if the cable can be successfully replaced on the camera assembly by end users. For that reason we are limiting the sales of cables to only 1 per customer :!:

You will need to honestly evaluate your situation and see if the ribbon cable will fix your Camera assembly. If your camera looks like the following:

YPIQWrV.jpg

This would not be considered a good candidate for replacement
UPDATE 10/17/14: Someone has made this shaft for the camera and is offering it through eBay for a limited time. This potentially could fix some broken cameras: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261615227884

If your camera looks like this:

3aPFHrv.jpg

then you have a better chance at this working. If we work together and can post some successful replacements then we will be able to show DJI that camera ribbons should be offered as an option instead of a whole new $679 camera assembly.

HUGE shout-out to M. Tigelaar for a comprehensive breakdown of the camera assembly/ribbon cable diagram linked to his dropbox.com file
M.Tigelaar said:

Link removed until more arrive in stock

UPDATES 8/22/14
As stated in a post by me later on this page we received only 24 ribbon cables. We sold them for $15+ relative shipping costs. Within a couple hours of posting this thread we had sold well beyond that before we were even able to turn them off our site. As a result we had to cancel a pretty large size of orders.

We hoped that the ribbon cables were making it into the hands of those that needed to fix their camera assembly that had only a bad ribbon cable. We weren't trying to "make a ton of money" by sticking them on eBay for hundreds of dollars but really hoped this could be a viable solution that could be replaced by end users. If it was then we could make a good case for DJI to make it a replacement part offered through their normal channels. I don't doubt that we could sell 500 cables if we had them. I do tend to agree with them that it is not a part that is easily replaced as the camera assemblies are buttoned up pretty tight.

UPDATES 10/8/14
It does not appear that DJI will offer any replacement ribbon cables at this time. ATK Drones (Local to us in Salt Lake) have successfully cloned the ribbon cable and also offer a camera ribbon cable replacement/repair service that can be found on their site here: CLICK ME We suggest that you get in touch with them for your ribbon cable needs

UPDATES 10/17/14
DJI has emailed me to say that Phantom 2 Vision+ Part 19 will soon be available as an authentic DJI "Ribbon Cable + 3 servos". What exactly is included I don't yet know so I have requested a photo. I am also waiting on announcing the price as they told me a number but I don't know if that is dealer cost or MAP. Once I receive confirmation of MAP I will update, but this number was significantly higher than the ATK Drones cost.

UPDATES 11/25/14
We have received the Phantom 2 Vision+ ribbon cables. They are sold in a pair and will come in authentic DJI factory packaging as can be seen here:

Mlg1DG9.jpg

[link redacted]

UPDATES 11/27/14
Ribbon cables are again out of stock. At this time we are working with DJI to try and make more cables available. There is no ETA
This thread and original post will be updated if we ever receive more of these in stock. This should be your point of reference for the most current updates. We will probably receive a ton of emails about this for months on end. You will likely get a reply directing you to this thread.

Re: LIMITED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Dave...
Can you please make an exclusion for my order? Pretty please??
I made an order for 2 as i need to fix 2 of my mates phantoms that have torn ribbons.
Just look for an order from Australia.
It looks quite easy for those that are mechanically minded and i'll drop some feedback when done.
Thanks

Excellent job! I ordered mine as a preemptive strike against mine breaking.

Dirty Bird said:
Ordered a set just to have 'em on hand "just in case!" Thanks!! ;)

Yeah....I ordered 2 sets just so I can back you up and keep us from having any delays. You know how that friday traffic can be.

We're excited about having them too, but please keep in mind these are not to be sold as an item with the intentions of 'just in case' but for those with an actual broken ribbon cable keeping them from flying. We have an extremely limited amount (just a couple dozen). If we can show to dji this cable can be replaced to fix some camera assemblies then we can make a case to make this a normally sold and stocked part.

Orders with more than one on the order will be cut down to one.

I am trying to purchase but it shows no available.

Wow that is great news! DJI is nice enough to include extra props with the purchase of a P2V+ as well as extra replacement parts. Considering all of the issues that many have seem to have had with the cable it would be wonderful if they include a spare ribbon cable with the purchase of a P2V+ in moving forward. On top of that as an act of good faith send a complimentary ribbon cable to all owners that have purchased a P2V+ to date. What a great way to rebuild trust and brand loyalty. Just wishful thinking on my part. ; )

Looks like you sold out, good news you managed to get them though!

How much were they listed for before they sold out?

I wonder how much the cables were.??

I wonder how many they had to sell ?

News travels fast in this forum! :lol: :lol:

Funny it went fro $15 to $59 pretty quickly too.

DronePilot said:

Did you pay $59 for one?

For the record I only ordered 1 along with another item. Don't want anyone thinking I have a stock pile of them.

:!: Original post has been updated. Please refer to the original post for the most current status of the cables. :!:

DronePilot said:

We listed them for only $15. Not sure where $59 came into play. If anyone made their order soon enough to get the first 24 and ordered more than 1, their order was modified to only 1 cable, not 2 or 4 or whatever.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl