Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

Re: LIMTED: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @ DDM

unity said:
The Yeti said:
UAVProducts said:
Sorry for the Spam but we have the cables. We just can't sell them (per DJI) as a separate part. We have to install them.
http://www.uavproducts.com/category.php?id_category=61

Do you guarantee it to work afterwards like ATK does? I was about to send mine to ATK.

ATK does not make that guarantee. They test the gimbal to make sure its okay, then install the cable. If it does not work, you get a $50 credit.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Was wondering if they guarantee it to work, and if not, what type of credit do they offer, etc.

unity said:
ElecCom said:
Any way I can get one or two of these ribbons at a reasonable price? I can only find them at http://atkdrones.com/ at a price of $85.00 each. This is totally highway robbery as I'm sure they can be made for less then $15.00 each???

Maybe in the long run when thousands are made. But making of just a hundred or two is not very cheap. Not to mention the original reverse engineering costs. I think it time the price will drop.

I don't know about ATK Drones, but we also had to go with a US manufacturer which adds more to the manufacturing cost.

If a machine shop charges similar hourly rates to other professional industries, 60-70 dollars per hour is not unacceptable, and it took 2 days (tbh, probably not full days, but still...) to get the dimensions right and the CNC machine to stop breaking the part. Then we broke a few parts figuring out how to install them.

Then, on top of those costs, there's the costs you actually think make up the cost of your part.

Ripping out parts is cheap and easy; it's everything else about making an aftermarket part that's expensive.

The Yeti said:
UAVProducts said:
Sorry for the Spam but we have the cables. We just can't sell them (per DJI) as a separate part. We have to install them.
http://www.uavproducts.com/category.php?id_category=61

Do you guarantee it to work afterwards like ATK does? I was about to send mine to ATK.

We do guarantee all our work but unfortunately we can't guarantee replacing the ribbon cable will fix the issue. The crash could have caused more damage than the ribbon cable. We will credit the Full $100 to any other purchase or service that we carry. We are not out here to nickel and dime customers, we want to fix these gimbals for customers and provide 100% satisfaction in our repair service.

Can I just sent the gimbal and camera? I pulled the ribbon cable out already, and when I bought the phantom the gimbal came dismantled already as it must have been crashed.so one motor got separated and the ribbon was broke. Does this sound like something you can fix? Or should I buy a $50.00 gimbal and a gopro for around $300, any suggestions??

Well ATKdrones could not fix my gimbal with the cable, it is a PCB or motor problem. Either way, Im seriously considering seiling my drone all together, the price and availability of spare parts are just not good enough.

Trazor said:
Well ATKdrones could not fix my gimbal with the cable, it is a PCB or motor problem. Either way, Im seriously considering seiling my drone all together, the price and availability of spare parts are just not good enough.

I think you need to get back in touch with DJI in germany or the official dji service agent in Spain and ask them for help.

Trazor said:

I'm with you. Was fun while it lasted.

Hello guys,

Im from Israel and i need a ribbon cable to replace a damaged one for Vision+ also.
Is ATKdrones the only place to buy it (with absurd 155$ cost)? or are there other dealers which i can order from?
thanks.

robinb said:
Trazor said:
I think you need to get back in touch with DJI in germany or the official dji service agent in Spain and ask them for help.

Well, I tried to get in touch with DJI Europe. Is there a pubertal 14 year old manning their service center?

Day 1: Send a request

Day 3: Recieve a mail, asking me to rate their service. I give a negative feedback, and state "Recieved no reply" as a reason. Then I send a new mail, asking to be able to send it in for repair. Recieve this answer after 10 min.

"Yes, you need to send it in.
And now I have a bad ticket in my rating :("

And nothing more...

Sticky said:
Will DJI acknowledge this issue? Seems like they should be offering free replacements or repairs.

As a new P2V+ owner this freaks me out.

I just tore mine yesterday when the gimbal arm popped off. Not a smart method, but think about what we're discussing. We own this thing that we can turn on and fly all over the place with a pretty sweet camera that gets rock steady shots even when the wind is beating the piss out of it in the air.

Yeah it's a pain in the *** when you have to go without it and they should have thought of a better solution in the first place, but it's still pretty badass what they came up with to do all that. Aside from cratering it, the things are pretty dam durable.

That being said, I have had good experiences twice with DJI CS. 2 batteries each time, they replaced for free. I have heard they will fix the gimbal ribbon for free and like someone said we caused the damage so.... 4 weeks is def a drag, but I prefer free than hundreds of dollars I heard it can cost. Have you seen the teardown on that replacement cable??? DIY??? **** that.

I added FPV to my P2 and love tinkering - but I'm leaving that **** to the pros at DJI so I get a working gimbal for my P2V+. I fully intend to go commercial once the FAA opens the restrictions so I want it working properly from the guys who make it. Not my half assed janky DIY fix.

Re: NOW AVAILABLE: Phantom 2 Vision+ Camera Ribbon Cables @

Quick update to the original posting. These cables are available now. See the first post for details
Mlg1DG9.jpg

[Link redacted]

Thanks! Glad they come 2 to a pack. One to (hopefully) repair my old camera and one as a spare.

I hope i have one pack.
****, you made it stressy as i had to make a account first and i saw the chance on getting one fly by with the second.
Waiting for it and hoping it would be available for 2 months now. Never intended to by the ripoff of $85 with some $55 shipping cost !
As indeed mentioned, one to try to repair and one spare. I am a poet now ?

Thanks Steve, and kudos to DJI for listening to customers and responding.

Good man and reasonable DJI Vision Plus flex ribbon cable pricing @ about $25 ea Steve. Thanks for not ripping off the hobbyist!
Hope you have a million of these for sale this time!...;) You're gonna need 'em...
Cheers,
Jim

I hope one set is coming this way.
Payed and i had a confirmation with tracking nr.
If this is true, thats a hell of a service !
I love business people that take matters in there own hands and ship fast and provide the necessary info.
Also i live in Belgium, that means it has to cross the Atlantic ocean, shipment fee $5 ?
This story is NOT good to be true ( I hope ).
Anyway DDM many thanks from the bottom of my heart to provide this kinda service.

I ordered first thing this morning and have not received a confirmation (other than from paypal).

No tracking number either.

robinb said:
I ordered first thing this morning and have not received a confirmation (other than from paypal).

No tracking number either.

Depends on your location i guess.
Your morning is someones evening somewhere on earth.

This side of the pond like you :)

same time zone

--

update had confirmed shipment and tracking number now.

:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart