Phantom 2 Vision+ android app not functioning

Reaction score
Hi all, was unable to fly today because my DJI Vision App started acting strangely. I haven't flown
since July 2018 and all was fine then. I am using a Galaxy S5 & when I start the app all looks
good - I get a green light to show I'm connected to the drone BUT when I try and access any
of the 4 options on the main menu - Camera/Settings/News/Album I just get bounced back
to the same 4 options. I tried uninstalling and reloading the app but exactly the same problem.
Anyone got any ideas?

Hi all, was unable to fly today because my DJI Vision App started acting strangely. I haven't flown
since July 2018 and all was fine then. I am using a Galaxy S5 & when I start the app all looks
good - I get a green light to show I'm connected to the drone BUT when I try and access any
of the 4 options on the main menu - Camera/Settings/News/Album I just get bounced back
to the same 4 options. I tried uninstalling and reloading the app but exactly the same problem.
Anyone got any ideas?

usually a corrupted app, clear the cache and then use ES file explorer to remove the DJI folders and then reinstall the app. failing that try resetting the phone to factory fresh and try again.

also download Litchi for the phantom 2 its a free app

usually a corrupted app, clear the cache and then use ES file explorer to remove the DJI folders and then reinstall the app. failing that try resetting the phone to factory fresh and try again.

also download Litchi for the phantom 2 its a free app
Thanks for response - concur likely corrupted DJI App. Tried all you suggested short of factory reset on phone alas no joy. My suspicion is turning to the "Three in touch" app which I installed owing to a poor mobile signal
at home - the app re-routes all calls & SMS via my home Wifi router. Suspect that this may be conflicting with my
Phantom connection but not certain yet - tried uninstalling it and then running the freshly installed DJI App but still no joy so not certain. Have also done a Malware check on the phone but no threats found.

I did notice the Litchi App during all of the above - have never tried it owing to the many comments about its
tendency to crash & the fact for the past 3 years I have been completely happy with the DJI App but might as
well try it under the circumstances!

Final update - decided to reset phone to factory settings and this cleared the fault. Reloaded all other
apps and checked to see if DJI App got corrupted again but all looks fine now even when using the
Three In Touch - so not really any the wiser but at least everything working again. Thanks for advice.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Final update - decided to reset phone to factory settings and this cleared the fault. Reloaded all other
apps and checked to see if DJI App got corrupted again but all looks fine now even when using the
Three In Touch - so not really any the wiser but at least everything working again. Thanks for advice.

Glad to hear it mate, I have an S5 that is purely for flight apps and can be reset without having to go through the tedious backup associated with using an everyday phone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj