Phantom 2+ ver 3 didn't turn on...

Reaction score
Hello all ...

I had a problem with my Phantom 2+ ver 3 today.
Been flying a while now and have no real problems until today
I Flew last Sunday noon and late afternoon with no problems
Never crashed or hard landings, usually hand catch.

I went to a friend's house today to show him my phantom and it would not turn on...
Had two batteries fully charge, both transmitters fully charged.
Turned on the tablet and DJI app
Turn on range extender then the controller...
Pressed and held battery button as usual...
Battery lit up four lights..
stayed on for a couple of seconds...then turned off....
no beeps. No lights on the battery.

Did this for a number of tries with same results
Switched batteries with the Same results. I checked the terminals on the bird and the battery and did not notice anything out of wack to my eye.
Switched between both batteries a few more times with the same results.
Check both batteries through out all this and always had four lights.
I Apologized and loaded up and went home.

When I got home I went out back where I last flew Sunday and turned everything on again
and all went like usual.
Bird beeped, camera initialized, 6 sats, camera view came on tablet then I calibrated the compass to make sure and started the bird up.
Revved the motors and throttled up and down but did not take off....
Lights on bird flashing green...
All seemed well !

So before I try and fly again I thought I'd post and ask if this has happened to anyone or if there is something I should be checking for?

My home is just outside the 5 mile range of our local airport ( back yard is in the 5 mile circle and Front yard is just outside the 5 mile circle)
and my friends home is a little over 7.5 miles from the airport so I don't feel that had anything to do with the no start problem.
Batteries have about 50 flights on each and flights usually go for 15-17 minutes.

Sorry for the long post, but just tried to include all information that I could..

Any Ideas??
Thanks !

Hello All....
I see no replies so I feel no one has had any such issues...
after checking firmware, batteries, and everything else I can think off
I am going to blame this on pilot error or just brain fade!

I have flown five times at three different locations (twice in the place I had the problem) in the last two days to see if I can duplicate this problem and have had no problems.

Maybe in my anticipation of showing off my phantom I just did not press the battery buttons hard enough when starting it... I just can't think of anything else!
I never removed the plastic strip on either of the battery lights and button, but did so trying to solve this issue. Maybe they stiffened up in the cold and caused more than normal pressure to turn on the battery?

Anyway... Thanks for letting me vent !

Safe Flying

even though nobody replied we are all watching... thanks for the follow up
that was weird. If it was one battery I would suggest cleaning the contacts, but both batteries? weird

Sorry don't get on the P2V+ site much. First you should turn on the controller followed by range extender then phantom. You turn off in reverse order. Did you press the battery, release & then press & hold down until it starts up?
Not saying you did the battery wrong but by your detailed description, you said you pressed & held battery as normal. Did you press, release & then press & hold until it starts up? Just asking, you have to press it twice.
Good luck.

Reactions: CocoTony

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4