Phantom 2 V+ leds

Reaction score
Bought some leds for my Phantom Night Flyer. I think it looks pretty good. It does add some weight, but seems to fly more stable. It has a remote control to change the settings on the lights. The battery for the lights is mounted on the underside just behind the camera mount with double sided tape. I thought I would have to change the weight and balance of the aircraft, but didn't have to. It flies and hovers well.
IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the lights on amazon. Led Strip Lights Battery Operated, abtong Led Lights Strip Battery Powered with RF Remote RGB Led Battery Lights Waterproof Multi Color Changing, 2M/6.56ft. Make sure you get the ones with the battery pack. I originally used two sided tape for the battery pack, but switched to Velcro so I could removed it to replace the batteries when needed. Your also going to need some zip ties to hold the lights on. It comes with a 3m strip, but that won't hold. You need at least 2 meters of lights. You can cut off what's not needed at one of the cut points. Install the battery pack (first) under the phantom belly just behind the camera mount. Make sure to leave the switch accessible. Run the wiring up the left side landing skid. Then go from there,(Counterclockwise) all the way around the until the start point. Try not to stretch the light strip when you install. Once you have the lights installed use the zip ties on the motor arms to keep them in place (one per arm should work). Try not to block any of the vent holes when you install. The strip should be just below the vents. You can use a couple of the zip ties to attach the connection if needed on the left landing skid. I used tape on mine. Should take you less than 30 Mins. to install. Good luck.
instruction led1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks David for the reply....
My P2V+ver3 has been just sitting for over a year with just a few flights, so I'll have something new to try.
I ordered the lights and they will be here tomorrow ( 3/31/18)
so I will have something to play with !

Where does the remote go? or is the receiver the boxy part that goes on the on the Phantom.?

Do you think that I can mount a smaller battery ( Like a 9 Volt) that weighs less instead of the heavier 3 AA batteries? I'll have to check to see if there is a LiPo that might work.

Would anyone have any ideas for a smaller battery?

The pick-up for the remote is on the left leg of the phantom. Put the remote in your pocket. I don't think a 9v will work. Don't think the voltage is right. the phantom has plenty of power for this weight. It will however shorten your flight time some. You could probably use a different battery. If you use a different power supply make sure the voltage is the same.

The pick-up for the remote is on the left leg of the phantom. Put the remote in your pocket. I don't think a 9v will work. Don't think the voltage is right. the phantom has plenty of power for this weight. It will however shorten your flight time some. You could probably use a different battery. If you use a different power supply make sure the voltage is the same.
I know I can take apart a 9 volt battery and get two 4.5 volt sections, but If I remember the Mah is a lot less than the three AA types. I found some small 3.7 volt batteries weighting less than 90 gms and 4000 Mah on the cheap, so I might get one of them and give it a try. I figured that the case alone would weight about 80 gms so the total savings in weight would more than half. Still cold and rainy in the NE so I am computer flying now !

There's about a 50 to 60 ft. distance for the remote and several settings for the lights. I think one mode will do a demo, with a lot of variations. You can get it in the air and hover, then change to whatever mode you want. It looks purity cool at night.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl