Phantom 2 TX board question

Reaction score
I am adding ultrasonic sensors to each of the arms on my P2 and was wondering if there is any info out there on the 5.8Ghz TX RF board that's under the main board. Specifically I'm interested in the pads on the underside of it for RX, TX and ISP.

My intention is tweak the input to the Naza by increasing or decreasing the passed signal, so that the Naza automatically veers away from objects that are within a couple of feet...a kind of small scale Sense and Avoid System.

Thanks for any help.
Paul

I know nothing of the pads on the RX. I do know that one connection from the RX to the Naza is using S.Bus. I'm not sure where you can piggyback as all the channels are sharing the same connection.

As for the ultrasonic, what sensor are you using? You're going to be limited range wise so speed will be a factor. Have you looked at a low cost LiDAR option?

5.8? Do you mean 2.4? The P2V has a 5.8Ghz receiver but the P2Z is 2.8

There is also a P2 5.8 system, which I have in my non-vision P2. It clearly states "Phantom II 5.8G TX RF V3".
As for the LiDAR system...I prefer to make all my own electronics gear and have enough knowledge and experience to make a LiDAR, just don't have the knowledge of the dji electronics.

As for range, these sensors have a good solid response up to 160 ft, and there is no cross-talk at 33ms per ping.

I just cannot find any detailed info on dji electronics

Paul

mkay, well goldfishrock is correct as the non-vision P2 comes stock with one radio system which is a 2.4GHz FASST system and the sub board in the Phantom is a receiver with no return path TX channel. If there is a 5.8 transmitter in there, no one in this forum will know much of anything about it. You will not find any schematic documentation or detailed specifications so you'll have to use good old fashioned reverse engineering skills.

ianwood said:
mkay, well goldfishrock is correct as the non-vision P2 comes stock with one radio system which is a 2.4GHz FASST system and the sub board in the Phantom is a receiver with no return path TX channel. If there is a 5.8 transmitter in there, no one in this forum will know much of anything about it. You will not find any schematic documentation or detailed specifications so you'll have to use good old fashioned reverse engineering skills.

I had a feeling I would, thanks anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel