Phantom 2 standard

Reaction score
I am looking for any ideas to upgrade my phantom 2 standard to FPV flying using my android phone as a monitor, many thanks for any help.

I am looking for any ideas to upgrade my phantom 2 standard to FPV flying using my android phone as a monitor, many thanks for any help.

If this P2 came with its own camera/gimbal already mounted then it isn't a P2 non-vision. Now if it is a P2 non-vision you cannot use a cell phone nor tablet as part of an FPV system as both wifi and the P2 operate on the same frequency and will interfere with one another If it is a P2vision or vision plus then yes you would need a phone or tablet plus an app..

Assuming it's non-vision then you'll need to consider a video Tx mounted on the P2 and an Rx with screen on your controller, or a set of goggles. Trouble is I think the P2 uses 5.8Ghz as a control frequency - the same as these video devices, so beware.

Assuming it's non-vision then you'll need to consider a video Tx mounted on the P2 and an Rx with screen on your controller, or a set of goggles. Trouble is I think the P2 uses 5.8Ghz as a control frequency - the same as these video devices, so beware.

That statement is wrong as the P2 non-vision uses 2.4GHz frequency to control the unit and it the same frequency use in wifi signal of cell phones and that will cause problems when used together. The P2 vision plus uses 5.8GHz and that is why they can use smart phones and tablets to setup and view what the camera sees.

I'm also planning on upgrading my phantom 2 non-vision with an FPV setup. This video is pretty good for a nice clean setup using a GoPro:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm also planning on upgrading my phantom 2 non-vision with an FPV setup. This video is pretty good for a nice clean setup using a GoPro:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The one point I'll make is that there is no need to update as there hasn't been an update since the mini iOSD was introduced in 2013 so mounting in inside the P2 is not a problem.

Hi all, I have just got a phantom 2, I’m sure it’s a standard, it came with the H3-3d gimbal. I also plan to fit FPV. All the YouTube stuf show people using the immersion 600mw to, but these are £30 to £40 each, where as there are loads of unbranded ones on eBay for less than £10. Does it matter which I pick? And are there any cheaper option screens? The black pearl/immersion tax and iosd set up costs at least £150, but I can see Rix/tax sets and other monitors for much less. I don’t want to see date any money buying tat, but I don’t want to spend any more than I have to. Would be great to get some input on the best budget set up

Thanks

Leaky

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic