Phantom 2 RC tilt knob mod

LuvMyTJ said:
Can you post a picture or diagram of your wiring? I'll crack mine open if I have to and check it.

I fixed it, I needed to update the firmware of my controller through the RC Assistant. Once I did that and calibrated with the RC Assistant then calibrated with the Phantom Assistant it works perfectly!! Thank you for all of your help, it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! This mod will help me immensely.

Glad to hear you got it working. You'll like it so much more with the new control.
I used an oversized knob (about 1" in diameter), so I can 'roll' it with one finger.

sgrim70 said:
I did the same with a oversized knob from radio shack (see link). The larger diameter knob lets me make very fine adjustments with one finger as well. This has been one of the best mods that ive ever done!

http://www.radioshack.com/silver-tone-k ... ob&start=3

If anyone wants one you better hurry, as it seems most will be closing. Sadly all locations near me are closing.

I used Damienlovegrove tilt knob mod but finding matched pairs of resistors was a pain. So I had to use combinations of resistors to come close along with the 1k linear pot. With that setup I have very slow 180° rotation which is perfect. Also tried the same setup using just a 5k linear pot but it wasn't as smooth and had a very short range less than 90° for full rotation. I did move the control from the right side of the RC over to the left as you need to use the right stick more often when filming and your left hand is free to adjust the camera.

While moving the tilt control I also installed a yaw mod in between the sticks to control yaw speed while panning. That mod is also sweet and you can vary the speed of the yaw how much left or right stick you give it. That mod consisted of a DPDT 6amps @ 125vac switch and two 10k 1/4 watt 5% matched pair resistors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik