Controlling Gimbal Tilt...

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with an H4-3D Gimbal. For a while, I've been using the more recent remote that has the tilt wheel on the upper left to control the gimbal's direction. However, I've recently switched back to my older remote that uses the switch in the back. The reason being is that on my older remote I have the the ability to control the speed and thus keep it at the slowest speed.

Now I know the whole point of the tilt wheel is to be able to control the speed manually on the spot..however, I've found that there is no way for me to bring my camera to a slow stop using it. Example...if I want the shot to slowly pull up from looking straight down to looking straight forward, I can manually keep it slow, but it will always come to a hard stop. The older remote allows it to come to a smooth slow stop.

Does this make sense to anyone? My question is...do the phantom 3 and 4 gimbals allow you to program it to always be on a slow speed regardless of how fast you are pushing the wheel?

-Michael
PS - an example of the smooth transition that I'm talking about can be seen here at the 18 second mark in one of my videos.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the DJI Go app I went into settings and slowed down my P3P's gimbal tilt's max speed. Maybe that's an option for you?

I've slowed mine way down for my P3A and Inspire 1 using the DJI GO app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.