Phantom 2 or 2 vision+???

gunslinger said:
I currently have a P2V and I was pretty distressed when the P2V+ came out. The pricing was very close to what I'd spent three months prior and it had a three axis gimbal on board. It didn't seem fair. :shock:

Now that I've seen so many reports regarding the fragility of the P2V+ camera and gimbal, I'm relieved I didn't run out and buy one. :)

That leaves me looking at my current setup with the addition of a gimbal. The only gimbal I'm interested in, at the moment, is the RotorPixel. Now that Keri has finally gone into injection molding the plastic bits I think the floodgates are finally about to open. This would give me a pretty stable, robust, platform with all the telemetry that the FC200 camera brings. The the camera itself isn't the greatest, but the gimbal makes video footage actually usable. :D

The third alternative would be the P2 with the DJI gimbal. You'd have to add a camera (a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition for instance) as well as FPV hardware. You won't be getting the telemetry that's available on the P2V aircraft, but you'll be on a platform that uses a 2.4GHZ transmitter which would allow you to pick up a third party transmitter with much more flexibility and more options... And you have a lot more flexibility regarding camera choices.

I'm also waiting on a few new DJI competitors to finally release their "Phantom killers" to see what the actual pros and cons are going to be on their platforms. And there are a few competitors already in place that I'm watching closely.

There are no easy decisions on this issue at the moment... Good luck... :D

-slinger
have you seen any "phantom killers" put there yet? Who is dji's biggest competitor(s) anyway? Walkera?

I am planning on taking the P2V+ on a long trip and using several airlines. How easy is it to dismantle/reassemble the camera/gimbo? Thanks.

ZAPPATA007 said:
I am planning on taking the P2V+ on a long trip and using several airlines. How easy is it to dismantle/reassemble the camera/gimbo? Thanks.

Based on what mine looks like after a hard landing it doesn't look so hard! I think there's nine plugs and the four white pieces.

I was in the same boat as you, I'm a stills photographer so the better quality stills and ability to both shoot raw and control the camera from the fpv steered me to a p2v which I've since fitted with a rotorpixel gimbal and re700 range extender. I don't have expertise in electronics, nor soldering so wanted an out of the box package and with the few upgrades I've done I'm really happy. It will certainly keep me going till I get an s800 and mount a better camera on it.

liketogethigh said:
Lasvegascfp said:
well I broke it this morning thanks to VRS in RTH mode. You're right it's very fragile.

Just wondering if you have the prop guards?

Yup, they were on it. I was also at +9,000 ft altitude - that little but of info would have been nice in the manual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair