Phantom 2 live video options (with/without gopro 4 black)

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought phantom 2 with zenmuse H4-3D gimbal. Also gopro black 4 was included (hey it was under $200). I haven't yet receive it, but (I belive flight control is 2.4Ghz)

I mostly bought it for pracise of flying (my previous experience was toy grade ehubsan products).

For some extend I want to utilize video recording capabilities. What options I have for recording video and having it displayed in my mobile?

I read quickly that using gopro wifi is not good idea? What is range anyway? What else *budget* options I have (around $100)?

I'm capable for doing any hw mods/sw mods.

Thanks!

Hi,

I bought phantom 2 with zenmuse H4-3D gimbal. Also gopro black 4 was included (hey it was under $200). I haven't yet receive it, but (I belive flight control is 2.4Ghz)

I mostly bought it for pracise of flying (my previous experience was toy grade ehubsan products).

For some extend I want to utilize video recording capabilities. What options I have for recording video and having it displayed in my mobile?

I read quickly that using gopro wifi is not good idea? What is range anyway? What else *budget* options I have (around $100)?

I'm capable for doing any hw mods/sw mods.

Thanks!

You're correct the P2 non-vision operates at a frequency of 2.4GHz and that you cannot operate it with the GoPro's wifi turned on. If it doesn't have a FPV system included you will need a 5.8GHz video tranmitter, mini iOSD, and diversity monitor/receiver but it's highly unlikely you will find this equipment new for $100. You will also have to hardwire the TX and iOSD as finding a plug n play cable are no longer made as the P2 is 4 years old.

If some one has gone to the effort and not inconsiderable expense of fitting a gimbal and a go pro, it is likely that the one you have bought will the first person vision you are looking for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl