Phantom 2 light error UPDATED

Reaction score
While flying my p2 today I encountered a problem. I got the flashing green lights and took off. About a minute into my flight, the rear lights went from green to yellow and back to green. It went back to normal for a minute or so and did it again. (I was on gps) can someone please tell me what this means?

UPDATE: I found that when I moved my p2 (about five feet to the left) after it had found a home point, I would get the yellow lights. If I moved it and waited 30 seconds, the yellow would go away and turn to green like normal. If I moved it and took off right away, I would get the yellow lights while flying. I contacted dji and this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology. We are a North American Customer Service and Repair facility.

To better assist you we need to know if the yellow lights where flashing fast or slow. If fast then that means you lost connection to your phantom with your transmitter. If slow it mean you might have lost GPS for a second. Please respond for further assistance. Thank you for your patients and understanding.

Thank you for choosing to fly with DJI.

DJI Customer Service North America

I told them slow, they then told me to call a number and talk about sending it in for repair. I would appreciate it if someone would try this with their p2 (moving it about 5 feet after homepoint is established) and tell me if they get the same thing with the lights. If the same happens, then I'll know that it's not defective.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl