Phantom 2 knocked down by LA Kings fans

The more I looked at this the more I think it was a stunt. They took up a collection from "drone haters," purchased the quad just for the purpose of knocking it down to show others it can be done. As others have stated no one would be that stupid flying that close when people were throwing stuff at the quad. Would anyone here do something that dumb? I don't think so.

EMCSQUAR said:
He's better off not flying, just too many things wrong with this picture... Crowd did us a favor weeding this guy out.

a) flying directly over a crowd
b) just hovering while people are throwing stuff at it

this

Dumb ***, has got too much money to let himself get into this situation, should not have been there in the first place!

don't think I've seen this Forbes article about it linked here... love it.

favorite quote: "So congratulations internet commenters and sloppy bloggers, you’ve proven you don’t know a thing about drones or how to use Google"

The whole thing looks hokey. Who wouldn't at least gain some altitude to get away from the stuff being tossed up?

I'd also much rather see a crowd of Wahoos tip over a car than knock down a quad copter... Especially if it's a GM product (but not a Vette.) :D

-slinger

Why would you attach a gopro/fpv kit e.t.c. if it were a stunt? Why not just hover a bare-bones phantom over the top of the crowd?

Anyway, total idiot pilot - he did get what he deserved, but the crowd were idiotic too. Why do people enjoy destroying other peoples property?

Judderman said:
Why would you attach a gopro/fpv kit e.t.c. if it were a stunt? Why not just hover a bare-bones phantom over the top of the crowd?

Anyway, total idiot pilot - he did get what he deserved, but the crowd were idiotic too. Why do people enjoy destroying other peoples property?

Mob mentality. They probably wouldn't dare do this if they were alone for fear of being held responsible. When there are a bunch of people participating, the fear of reprisal isn't quite so strong... :roll:

buncha dumbasses... :lol:

-slinger

While this incident has the usual ingredients of poor pilot judgement, obsessive news coverage and a paranoid/aggressive public, the LAPD are simply treating it as lost property and the FAA said it was a legal flight.

ianwood said:
While this incident has the usual ingredients of poor pilot judgement, obsessive news coverage and a paranoid/aggressive public, the LAPD are simply treating it as lost property and the FAA said it was a legal flight.

[ citation needed ]
:)

Well, they clearly don't spend much time here, that vTX antenna is right on top of the compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl