Phantom 2 Dual Battery Kits????

Reaction score
hi guys i'm flying a phantom 2 to film surfing. since i'm spending a lot of time hovering and waiting for waves it would be nice to extend my flight time out over the water. are there any kits out there to fly dual batteries in parallel?
here's my system
Phantom 2
zenmuse h3 3d gimbal
gopro hero 3+ black
Fly sight fpv tx5812

I don't think I've ever seen a P2 with dual batteries before. Single battery is freaking heavy as it is already, lol.

Given the weight of the P2 battery, I suspect you'd get less flying time with two batteries than with one. Try strapping an extra battery to the underside of a P2 and see if it will even take off.

Motor City Drone sells a kit I trying to find out how to make myself, but you send in your smart battery (I assume it does not have to be a good battery , only the electronics in the cap need to be ok) and some amount of money and they send back your smart cap wired to plug up two supplied 2800mah batteries that have to be carried outside strapped to the Phantom. Looks awkward but could give cheaper alt to Smart Battery if you could make your self. For my video I would switch back to DJI Smart Battery

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl