Phantom 2 Defect Tracking Thread

BMEWS said:
mr.goodkat said:
I understand if you rotate quickly it goes under its own prop wash thats no brainer. what I can understand or estimate if it is able to correct itself or would go into VRS and lose control ?

If you stop the input and it has enough time and altitude to recover then yes it will recover. If you keep the input on or it's low? then you'll find it landing in an uncontrolled manner quite quickly :) The best thing is to fly sensibly (i'm not saying that you or indeed anyone doesn't).

Hope this helps

Bmews

thank you very much

I try to avoid harsh moves and try to keep everything smooth. however I am willing to shoot some action sports which makes me to move it around quickly to catch the subject :mrgreen: I believe I need to make more practice to catch the subject sooner so i can avoid those quick turns and etc.

thanks for your explanations

IrishSights said:
xgeek said:
I only did 2 batteries on 3.04 and I am sure the issue was still there for me. When the weather clears up I will test again to confirm.
I will also retest this too tomorrow if this Irish weather lets up. I'll try and get a video clip if I can too.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

dude.
ISLE OF MAN.
why are you not there :shock:

Kelso Kubat said:
IrishSights said:
xgeek said:
I only did 2 batteries on 3.04 and I am sure the issue was still there for me. When the weather clears up I will test again to confirm.
I will also retest this too tomorrow if this Irish weather lets up. I'll try and get a video clip if I can too.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

dude.
ISLE OF MAN.
why are you not there :shock:
2 reasons, I don't live there! And no interest in bike road races :). Now... 3 tall ships in Bangor bay, thats another story :) but way off topic

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

ianwood said:
I figured it would be a good idea to keep track of all the known issues with the Phantom 2 in one place. We can use it to provide a short description, a current status, and links to relevant threads. Here goes:
-
  • Compass Problem Drifting and Hooking - Cause identified, solution found, pending GA release of 3.05 or greater.
    Curving and hooking, unable to fly straight, course lock deviation experienced by flyers in areas of high magnetic declination.
    More information: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10317
    -
  • Mid-Flight Battery Shutdown - Cause unknown, no solution, no workaround.
    The battery will simply turn off in the middle of flight resulting in a uncontrolled fall and crash. Cause unknown. No known solution. Victims, you need to show your videos to DJI and possibly send your battery to them as well. Contact me for help.
    -
  • Loss of Horizontal Control During Vertical Descent - Fixed in v3.04
    The Phantom stops responding to elevator and aileron when descending at max rate (2.0m/s) under firmware 3.02. Fixed in v3.04.
    -
  • Incorrect No FLY Zone Assignments - Not fixed
    Some small airports are deemed as group A and even smaller ones group B while some big ones are left out.
    -
  • Zenmuse H3-3D Compass Calibration Freakout - Not fixed
    The Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal jams and generally goes bezerk when you calibrate the compass.
Brief descriptions, status and links to related posts coming soon. Corrections? Which ones am I missing?

Here is a video of power failure and falling out of a hover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cYDw6IVn0

Good times. The next time it happened I lost it in the salt water Bay and have not recovered it. Get ready DJI here I come

TodayTrader said:
Here is a video of power failure and falling out of a hover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cYDw6IVn0

Good times. The next time it happened I lost it in the salt water Bay and have not recovered it. Get ready DJI here I come

It's weird that one as it isn't a full on power failure. It's more like a loss of voltage whereas some of the others are full-on power shut down. Scary either way. This is DJI's next big problem and needs as much attention as the compass issue.

Updated the first post in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16254&p=148280

Changes:

• New information and status on the Compass Declination Defect.
  • New information on the Mid-Flight Shut Down.
  • New issue added: Un-Commanded Yaw with the H3-3D Gimbal.

New issue to add. If you are having this issue please post your stats here http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324&start=70 with the info from the chart below.

-P2 going into second level warning early (varies by person) 25%-65% and then Auto Descends/Lands

I noticed this behavior after about 70 discharges on my battery (conveniently also upgraded to 3.04 at this time) and i notice my flight time reduced from around 17 minutes to 15 minutes and would go into 2nd warning and start to Auto Land @ 25% battery. After about 10 more discharges and one battery reset (drain to 8% and recharge) the battery has gotten even worse only getting an 11 minute flight time and Auto Landing at 35%-40%. So in 10 discharges my flight has dropped 26.6% from the 15 minutes and from the 17 minute original has dropped 35% (in 80 discharges). This is ridiculous!!! I have contacted DJI North Amer. twice with no response yet.

I am not the only one or even the worst. Here is a chart below where I have started inputting everyone’s stats that have had this issue.

Attachments

• Battery issue.jpg
    Battery issue.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 260

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31