Phantom 2 controller gives 3 beeps when switched on

" really don't mind the color change and the beeps as long as it operates the P2 reliable."
***** My thoughts exactly.
"I hope to hear back from DJI about this issue in the next couple days"
***** Please keep us informed.

Cheers Mark

You bet I'll keep you informed! No worries.
I'm just not sure how reliable DJI is on getting back with me ;)

Hi Guys

OK... FINALLY !!! I found the issue and have managed to sort it out. According to DJI the new upgrade that is out for the PH2 doest at times reset the IMU. This means an advanced recalibration is required. The three beeps on the DJ6 controller is normal when you are running the new software on the controller.

So if anyone else runs into this - It would appear to be an IMU reset that occurs.... RECAL THE IMU and you're good to go

Thnx for all the advice and input !!

The 3 beep thing is exactly what happened to the controller I bought from Craig. It would bind to the phantom, but wouldn't move any sticks in the assistant software. 3 beeps and steady green light. Keep in mind that my setup is a DJ6 controller and upgraded 2 antenna receiver in a P1. It shouldn't matter which bird its in though.

Doing an IMU calibration wouldn't do anything. I flashed old firmware to the bird as well as the newest version and nothing would work. I actually contacted DJI, explaining them in detail what was going on, and they wanted me to send the controller and Phantom to them so they could repair it. Pretty crappy that DJI is doing this.

Hi

Well the IMU sorted mine. After doing the software upgrade the problem started... Keep in mind I upgraded the PH2 and Control.
My problem was think that the 3 beeps are giving an error code or something as it wouldn't allow the drone to start AT ALL.

Keep in mind if the IMU is not calibrated the PH2 will not allow itself to be started up... Makes sense... I just overlooked that one

Now it still beeps... But after doing the IMU advanced Cali, it fires up... So its done... For me at least

Green_Phantom said:
The 3 beep thing is exactly what happened to the controller I bought from Craig. It would bind to the phantom, but wouldn't move any sticks in the assistant software. 3 beeps and steady green light. Keep in mind that my setup is a DJ6 controller and upgraded 2 antenna receiver in a P1. It shouldn't matter which bird its in though.

Doing an IMU calibration wouldn't do anything. I flashed old firmware to the bird as well as the newest version and nothing would work. I actually contacted DJI, explaining them in detail what was going on, and they wanted me to send the controller and Phantom to them so they could repair it. Pretty crappy that DJI is doing this.

My controller moved in the RC2 software - It was functional but not chatting to the PH2....or so it seemed. It actually was, as the X1 control was active.. But it wouldn't start up

From DJI;

"Softwares for P2 and for P2V+ are universal."

Cheers Mark

Hey all.
I wrote an email to DJI and asked the same question. I sent them pictures of my DJ6 plus serial number, but I still think they didn't understand which controller I have. The also sent me an update P2 Vision manual.
See the email below:
Jolie.Zhuo (DJI)
Nov 24 13:44

Dear Joe,
the LED of the new transmitter are indeed green instead of red, when it functions well. As to the Beep sound of the new transmitter during power up is weird. It will beep only if you have done nothing to it after 15mins. I have attached a description of the new transmitter from user manual, pls check first if yours belong to one of these situation.

You can also view Page 17 through the link: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.6_en.pdf

Further questions, feel free to contact us.
Best regards,

Jolie

I replied back making sure they understand I have a DJ6 controller and if my Phantom 2 is safe to fly.
I should see something tomorrow.

OK. I have the answer for you all.
I got an answer from DJI tonight. I asked if the 1.0.1.24 was safe to fly using my DJ6 controller. If not how could I reset the controller to factory default.
I copied the email word for word below....
Dear Joe,

regarding your questions,

1. 1.0.1.24 operates safely in the DJ6 controller... We have tested that before the firmware was released.
2. yes, you can also test the gimbal movement and also connect the Phantom to assistant software, and test whether your remote controller works well on the RC calibration.
3&4. do you mean whether you can switch back to 1.0.1.12? Sorry to inform you that it is not possible to switch back to 1.0.1.24.

Don't be afraid... Calm down! I used to tremble when I flied as I have crashed the copter so many times... Start with flying slowly and safely, then gradually, things will get better and better. Well, be confident but not reckless.

Best regards,

Jolie

I feel a bit better now. I hope he is right! :)

Hi, I am Craig who sold Green_Phantom a DJ6 unit that did not work as expected. We have since replaced it with another that is working fine and I think that it was my fault by giving incorrect binding instructions that cause Green_Phantom to have an issue.

Here is what I posted on another thread about the same subject. I hope cross posting this once is ok with the admins

I do want to address the binding process. I gave incorrect instructions in the past and I wish to correct that. There is no need to either press a button while powering on or hold down any sticks. The process is so very simple and I promise this works as I have tested it on 25 DJ6 units and it works without fail. I used 5 different Phantom V1.x models with the Part 31 Receiver that I also sale as a kit with the dj6.

ASSUMING YOU HAVE REMOVED YOUR PROPELLERS!!
Here is the correct method to bind, no matter what version of firmware.
1. Plug in battery with battery out of quad, the light wiill come on solid red on the receiver in the battery compartment.
2. Turn on DJ6. The led in the battery compartment will begin to blink green.
3. Hold down (or up really) press the button next to the led on the receiver until the light blinks red once or twice, 2 or 3 seconds, then let go.
YOU ARE NOW BOUND TO THE QUADCOPTER. CSC THE STICKS AND THE MOTORS WILL START.. NO PROPS, RIGHT?

Of course it is a good idea to check your software settings after doing the firmware upgrade, IMU, failsafe, Return to Home and any limits might need to be reset.

Hey guys....
I've tried everything to apply the correct firmware for my DJ6 controller. When I ran the correct RC Assistant it gave me the only firmware 1.0.1.24 to pick from. I beleive it also said that firmware was for the new controller. I kinda took it as an update. I think the RC assist should know what controller you have and not allow a wrong firmware upgrade. Also the only RC Assitance you can get for a P2 is a P2 Vision.
It here is no way that I know how to reset it back to factory defaults and apply the correct firmware. The software will not allow you to pick the correct firmware, unless I'm missing something.
I really don't mind the color change and the beeps as long as it operates the P2 reliable. I hope to hear back from DJI about this issue in the next couple days.

Hi I have this exact same problem, did you ever find a solution...Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20