Phantom 1 Upgrades

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1. I get about 10-12mins flight time. I think upgrading the motors would help. I'm looking at the
T-MOTOR MN2214 my question is would this be a simple desolder and solder job? And would these motors make a difference/help? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a Phantom 1. I get about 10-12mins flight time. I think upgrading the motors would help. I'm looking at the
T-MOTOR MN2214 my question is would this be a simple desolder and solder job? And would these motors make a difference/help? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Changing motors would involve removing four (4) mounting screws and desoldering 2 motor leads from each ESC (electronic speed control) for each motor. Take care when desoldering the ESC leads, because applying to much heat to the ESC solder points could damage electronic components within the ESC's.

Attached is a link that gives you some information and tips:.
HOW TO: Increase Your Phantom’s Flight Time By Over 50% | MultiRotor Pilot Magazine

The claim on how much more flight time you get are high in my opinion but the article also considers the effects of changing props and using a different battery. Typically, just changing motors would only probably give you 8-10% more flight time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers