Phantom 1 drone: rapidly flashing red light, won't fly

LRC

Reaction score
I've inherited a Phantom 1 drone; it was flown once several years ago. I've charged the battery w/ the DJI charger (set correctly, charger shows green when charged), and calibrated it and the transmitter using the NAZA-M software. The software appears to show that the drone battery is charged, the transmitter is bound to the drone (green light inside the drone when I power on both devices), but when I take it outside for a test flight, the GPS light on the drone rapidly flashes red and nothing else happens (doesn't acquire GPS satellites, doesn't power on. I did test the motors using the software and they worked).

From what I've read, it seems like it could be a battery issue (not balanced properly?), or that I should be able to see the error in the software. Any advice greatly appreciated. The LED lights chart helpfully says battery or other error ;-).

I've inherited a Phantom 1 drone; it was flown once several years ago. I've charged the battery w/ the DJI charger (set correctly, charger shows green when charged), and calibrated it and the transmitter using the NAZA-M software. The software appears to show that the drone battery is charged, the transmitter is bound to the drone (green light inside the drone when I power on both devices), but when I take it outside for a test flight, the GPS light on the drone rapidly flashes red and nothing else happens (doesn't acquire GPS satellites, doesn't power on. I did test the motors using the software and they worked).

From what I've read, it seems like it could be a battery issue (not balanced properly?), or that I should be able to see the error in the software. Any advice greatly appreciated. The LED lights chart helpfully says battery or other error ;-).
when drone connected to software, what voltage of the battery shows? it should 11.4v to 12.3v for normal battery if i'm right. then try to calibrate your compass just look for youtube tutorials how to do it. power on the remote control first before the drone, set all toggle switch to off and GPS mode.

when drone connected to software, what voltage of the battery shows? it should 11.4v to 12.3v for normal battery if i'm right. then try to calibrate your compass just look for youtube tutorials how to do it. power on the remote control first before the drone, set all toggle switch to off and GPS mode.
shows the correct voltage. I'm going to try to calibrate the compass again and see if I have more luck. Thanks

Reactions: cmpiojo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj