Phantom 1 - After binding transmitter and receiver both lights green I still have a flashing yellow light

Reaction score
At first I though is was the receiver because the light was not coming on so replacing it I got a light still having the flashing yellow light with both RX and TX bind. Changed out the board no joy still have the flashing yellow light. Changed out the flight controller still have the flashing yellow light. I have a DJ6 controller D-bus and both lights are green RX and TX, but still yellow light is flashing. I'm stuck and don't know what is causing this light to flash. Have a phantom 1, 3, and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

R/
John

Reactions: rattydude77
At first I though is was the receiver because the light was not coming on so replacing it I got a light still having the flashing yellow light with both RX and TX bind. Changed out the board no joy still have the flashing yellow light. Changed out the flight controller still have the flashing yellow light. I have a DJ6 controller D-bus and both lights are green RX and TX, but still yellow light is flashing. I'm stuck and don't know what is causing this light to flash. Have a phantom 1, 3, and 4. Any help would be appreciated.

R/
John

Isnt the P1 5.8ghz ? in which case you need the PVT581, best bet is to open the unit and take a look at the reciever board and see what its marked with

I ordered a new receiver board which is stamped 2.4ghz and when I turn the transmitter on the light turn from red to green.

R/
John

Attachments

• 022910btam6ltbf36msqto.png
    022910btam6ltbf36msqto.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 211
I'm in failsafe mode and I don't know what else to do to get out of that mode
IMPORTANT info for new owners of Version 1.1.1 Phantoms!
Myself and at least one other V1.1.1 owner that I know of ran into the same problem when upgrading our new Phantoms to firmware version 4.0.
You must select D-BUS as receiver type or you'll get the yellow flashing LED indicating loss of Tx signal
depends on which Tx/Rx you have. Up until very recently at least the stock setting is PPM unless you have a 3rd party Tx/Rx then you might select D-Bus. But with the stock radio gear PPM is the default option"

Like i said the transmitter and receiver are talking a little but not enough to come out of fail safe mode. When I turn the transmitter on the light on the receiver turns green. Once I turn the transmitter off the light on the receiver turns red and I'm still getting a flashing yellow light. This is a DJI DJ6 transmitter which is working in D-bus setting.

Like i said the transmitter and receiver are talking a little but not enough to come out of fail safe mode. When I turn the transmitter on the light on the receiver turns green. Once I turn the transmitter off the light on the receiver turns red and I'm still getting a flashing yellow light. This is a DJI DJ6 transmitter which is working in D-bus setting.
Are the wires plugged in correctly ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.