Phanton 4 regular, Crash down, what I do next.

Reaction score
Hello everybody, Im finnish so first I have to apologize my english.

I buyed Phantom 4 used and it have been crashed from 5meters to ground. It was drones first flight and last. I buyed this drone for 50euros=55$.

I dont know what to do first. Where I gonna start to repair.
Here in Finland isnt spare parts, so I looked on ebay and aliexpress but I dont know right parts. Landing gear and yaw arm is for sure what I need.

Drone blinks Red Light and controller blinks Green Light. No link. I looked on YouTube.

Gimbal turns around at start and heats lot of back of yaw arms cover.
Gimbal moves left to right and up and down with fingers, dont need to use any force.

Wire on landing gear has been broken.

If you guys can help, ill be happy.

IMG_20200224_193851.jpgIMG_20200224_193935.jpgIMG_20200224_193944.jpg

Can’t help from the US. Sorry for your crash. The repairs are going to cost more than you paid for it, which was very cheap. $55 wow! You’ve already looked at the right places for parts worldwide, they should be readily available. Good luck

Reactions: JuhaS
The price is too good to be true. It may
have had something wrong internally. Are you sure everything worked before you bought it. I think you need a professional to check the drone. It will cost you more than you paid for it. Good luck.

Yes, much more than you payed for the Phantom. But you must decide weather it is worth to repair it or buy a new one. The repair surely be cheaper than the cost of the new one. But you must be sure that after repair the drone is 100%.
The cost is really odd unless the seller was your friend or relative.

I buyed drone in this condition, seller taked in the air and crashed. I dont know what happened then but drone where in closet year or more. Now he cleaned garace and take it out for sale.
I promised him that I look it up and wont sell it to parts and dont get profit.
I have big DIY spirit in me, so I want to repair this drone.

What is inside of landing gear? Compass? In another leg is wire cut of, Is this reason why I dont get link to drone?

I know that, you guys fix these drones yourself. If we forget about professionals, what do you think what to do first on this?

I try to do something myself at first.

Thanks for you all replying.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

I buyed Phantom 4 used and it have been crashed from 5meters to ground. It was drones first flight and last. I buyed this drone for 50euros=55$.

Here in Finland isnt spare parts, so I looked on ebay and aliexpress but I dont know right parts. Landing gear and yaw arm is for sure what I need.

Drone blinks Red Light and controller blinks Green Light. No link. I looked on YouTube.

Gimbal moves left to right and up and down with fingers, dont need to use any force.

View attachment 117409View attachment 117410View attachment 117411
Hi

I would be happy to help. I have repaired a number of P4s with similar faults. You will need to ship it to the UK so that I can check it out and repair it.

Chris

View attachment 117409View attachment 117410View attachment 117411
There are a lot of vids on YouTube about replacing the LG and rebuilding the gimble. Is the body/shell in good condition?

I know the compass wires are in the legs. I have poor retention of the other things. You Tube is your best place to look for instructions on how to fix it. I hope others here can help you.

Hi

I would be happy to help. I have repaired a number of P4s with similar faults. You will need to ship it to the UK so that I can check it out and repair it.

Chris
Thank you, always there is a but, shipping costs Finland-UK-Finland is pretty expensive, do you have LG or yaw arm to sell?

There are a lot of vids on YouTube about replacing the LG and rebuilding the gimble. Is the body/shell in good condition?

Yes, I been lookin Youtube, theres many videos on LG and gimble. Body/Shell is great condition, like new, only fault that I can see is LG and yaw arm.

I founded 1 pair of LG here in Finland on local webstore. Doea anyone know ebay link to cheap LG or yaw arm? US or china. China parts makes Wonder is those worth of money and does these parts work.

And again, Thank you all.

Edit: Is there any way to get something flight data on drone?

Last edited:
Thank you, always there is a but, shipping costs Finland-UK-Finland is pretty expensive, do you have LG or yaw arm to sell?
I would encourage you to reconsider xspwhite's offer. You're going to need parts so you'll be paying shipping costs anyway. Your P4 sounds like it has a lot of damage and probably had a problem from the seller's first crash before you bought it. Get it repaired and thoroughly tested by an expert first and if you crash it again later on, you can try fixing it yourself. Save yourself some grief and money and let someone familiar with your P4 repair it. I think you'll be glad you did.

When I power ph4 on table, its get warmer/heat in that place where screwdriver is.

Is that normal?

Yaw arm is wrong position is that causing this warm up? Roll motor is doing stabiliation hole time.

IMG_20200301_163846.jpg

Another question :

I have made several things to get image on my dji go 4 app. But always disconnected. 3 different usb cables, another Phone and New app. No, always disconnected, remote charges both phones. Is my usb board on remote malfunctioning?

Remote appears on win10, when I plug RC to my laptops usb port.

Last edited:
I contacted @Ted4797 a.k.a Droneted by email and he helped me getting started to repair this. Hi is awesome guy =)

I have now orded :

I ordered two usb board, from china and russia. I cant get connection remote to app, always disconnected. No I must wait for parts.

Total spend 50€ on drone+remote.
Ordered parts 91€.

Last edited:
Reactions: xspwhite
Yesterday I got new usb-board from Russia and same thing, "disconnected".
Oh man.:poutingcat:

Next step is RC mainboard.

Other parts are still on transit from China.

I ordered RC mainboard from Hongkong. 63€.

Total spent : 214€
Drone+RC 50€
Gimbal parts + legs + 2x usb board 91€
RC mainboard 63€

Last edited:
That was a waste of money.the problem lies within your gimble.the rc connects to the drone via the gimble.once theyre linked you can fly without gimble forever bit on initial set up you have to have a fairly wirking gimbal to connect rc to drone

That was a waste of money.the problem lies within your gimble.the rc connects to the drone via the gimble.once theyre linked you can fly without gimble forever bit on initial set up you have to have a fairly wirking gimbal to connect rc to drone
Oh man:rolleyes::poutingcat:.

I got all other parts, but rc board is still in transit. Thank you. I Will first change gimbal. If it works, rc board is useless, but it can sell it.

I got it flying. Hurray!

I have changed :

RC mainboard, I got disconnected text all the time. Now, I got connected to drone.

First Yaw motor was broken when it came, so ihot store sended me new one. Firsts delivery time was 44 days. So I fly now with broken yaw motor.

Legs have been changed.

Camera was upsidedown, I flip it. (I dont know why)

All is working. But, there is always but.

Combass error. I cant calibrate it.
Is this because I have broken yaw motor?

And Thanks to DroneTed for all support! Nice man!!

IMG_20200501_180634.jpg

IMG_20200501_180717.jpg

Total spent on parts 154€
Gimbal parts + legs + 2x usb board 91€
RC mainboard 63€

Drone 50€ +154€ on parts

Total 204€

Last edited:
When I changed legs, another combass has malfunction. Combass 1 doesnt work.

With Droneted help, I tried to figure out what is wrong.

First I changed wire. If you have new legs and they are malfunction it probably is with wires. So I changed wire, china wire out and old phantom wire back. No combass.

Next I tried to switch left combass to right, I got it working. So, malfunction was on power coard left port. In right port both combasses work.

So now I have to order power coard. Clad that would not be expensive.

So repairing continues......

IMG_20200502_164653.jpg

Edit : I ordered from Germany new power module. 15,90e + 13,90e shipping. I would got in china for 16e but delivering time is 2months.

Total spent :

Parts 184e
Drone 50e

Total 234e

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman
Today I got new power module and yes, malfunction was on this module.
Both compasses work now.

Now drone waits yaw motor.

But I can fly it, no problemo.

Hope this thread helps somebody and gives inspiration to fix own drone.

IMG_20200511_184311.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr