Pgps switches to Atti mode with 12 sats locked in

Reaction score
After losing a drone 3weeks back using litchi I bought another p3s ad using it tonight and almost the same thing happened
It had 11 sats locked in but switched itself into atti mode from pgps
I managed to control it and it did switch back into gps mode but my question is why do I have a faulty controller ( it's the same controller that was bound to the lost drone )
Is it some sort if interference or does this just happen.
Any heads up would be good as I'm paranoid about losing another and it making flying it a bit of a touch and go moment everytime I take it up
Regards Baz

After losing a drone 3weeks back using litchi I bought another p3s ad using it tonight and almost the same thing happened
It had 11 sats locked in but switched itself into atti mode from pgps
I managed to control it and it did switch back into gps mode but my question is why do I have a faulty controller ( it's the same controller that was bound to the lost drone )
Is it some sort if interference or does this just happen.
Any heads up would be good as I'm paranoid about losing another and it making flying it a bit of a touch and go moment everytime I take it up
Regards Baz
Your flight data will have the information on why it switched. Some here are good about reading the data. I'm not one. Lol

Reactions: Oso
Usually when u go from P-GPS to Atti in the air with that many satellites there must be some magnetic interference. My drone will switch from Pgps to Atti mode in the air in front of my house in the morning when someone was working on something with equipment never happened before a d its stopped since the noise is gone. Also whenever you turn on your drone and set it ontop of your car it will say warning Atti mode and gives strong magnetic interference cause the car is metal so I think maybe you have a factory or something that is magnetic near you.

It might tell u an error or something going on. I'd check your logs also I wouldnt fly in the direction where u keep getting Atti cause when it happen to me I stopped and didnt fly. Also my dad has a phantom 3 pro and me a phantom 3 standard so if he flys and has a problem I go get mine start it fly and see if I get thr same problem just to make sure it's not his quadcopter. A lot of times our problems are interference related which u will usually always get in a town or city. I live near a desert and rim rocks so sometimes when I fly near a heavy metal deposit in the earth it says strong magnetic interference detected and has also thrown me into Atti mode also I flew at a rest stop and the entire roof was metal plus the building was concrete with rebar also strong magnetic interference warning I got. So u really have to watch out for metal things.

Thanks for the info I think you are correct
When I lost my first drone it had shown some interference issue and again it did it tonight but this time I managed to recover it.
It's something I need to watch out for.
Thanks again

Reactions: Capt KO
This has happened to me three times lately with my P3P. Three different locations, and I always take off from either an all-plastic cooler or a cardboard box. So far I've always been able to fly it back but I'm getting quite leary and wondering what the heck is wrong with my quad. This last time after 19.6 seconds the yaw error cleared up, it regained GPS stability, I hit RTH button and it dutifully came home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baz greenwood
Yes .. The compass error is what's causing the drone to switch to atti mode.
There is a disagreement between the data from the compass and the GPS.
Hi
Ok so what is the issue does it need a compass caibration
Actually it did show an error when i switched it on so i reset both the AC,the app and the RC and it was good and it flew about 8 mins came back landed under a rth went up again before the issue
The error was a compas error where it shows firmware it had at the side of it abnormal if the problem persists consult dji service

Try to calibrate the compass and see if the problem still persists.
Hi
Ok so what is the issue does it need a compass caibration
Actually it did show an error when i switched it on so i reset both the AC,the app and the RC and it was good and it flew about 8 mins came back landed under a rth went up again before the issue
The error was a compas error where it shows firmware it had at the side of it abnormal if the problem persists consult dji service

I will try it out later today and see what happens
It may just be the area I'm in most of the time it's fine but strangely it happened twice around the same time in the eve so it mat be that someone is doing or using something that's making it screw up

but strangely it happened twice around the same time in the eve so it mat be that someone is doing or using something that's making it screw up
The compass is not going to be affected by anything more than a few feet away from it.

If your Phantom is flying straight, the compass probably doesn't need anything.
I'd be looking at your launch environment to see what might be there.
What is the surface you launched from, is there any steel close by.

Baz green you know that is possible cause I have a really douchey neighbor and I think they mess with my drone sometimes but signal jammers are illegal unless you are military or police
I will try it out later today and see what happens
It may just be the area I'm in most of the time it's fine but strangely it happened twice around the same time in the eve so it mat be that someone is doing or using something that's making it screw up

Baz green you know that is possible cause I have a really douchey neighbor and I think they mess with my drone sometimes but signal jammers are illegal unless you are military or police
Signal jamming is extremely rare, and it would not cause a compass error.
The incident had nothing to do with signal jamming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31