passed the Part 107 yesterday

Reaction score
I passed the Part 107 test yesterday with a 90%. Not bad for a 65 year old who hasn't taken a serious test since college days. I used RemotePilot101 and really appreciate the work that Jason and his staff have invested into his course. Jason is an excellent instructor with great clarity and very succinct. I took his trial tests twice and got a 93 the first time and a 96 the second time.

The test more difficult than the trial tests. Several tricky questions. Lots of questions from sectional charts and a lot of weather questions, but only 3 METAR's.

I have a private pilots certificate but it's 43 years old. If you're starting out from scratch, I would highly recommend the RemotePilot101 course. Thank you very much Jason.

Congrats. Just passed mine today.

I had taken pretty much all of the "free" online practice tests I could find and was getting high 90's and the occasional 100% but the actual test wasn't even close to those.

Study the airspace, a lot. A little bit of chart reading, but you can figure that out using the explanation pages on the exam.

Study the airspace a lot.

The actual drone type questions are easy, as you would expect but the three METARs and 30 airspace questions might screw you up big time.

I was an airline pilot for 40 years and even we used help cards for the really obscure METAR reports! Not so on the 107 exam.

As for the airspace stuff, just bite the bullet and bore yourself to death until Class, B, C, D, and E are bouncing off the back of your eyeballs.

AD

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Falcon900
I passed the Part 107 test yesterday with a 90%. Not bad for a 65 year old who hasn't taken a serious test since college days. I used RemotePilot101 and really appreciate the work that Jason and his staff have invested into his course. Jason is an excellent instructor with great clarity and very succinct. I took his trial tests twice and got a 93 the first time and a 96 the second time.

The test more difficult than the trial tests. Several tricky questions. Lots of questions from sectional charts and a lot of weather questions, but only 3 METAR's.

I have a private pilots certificate but it's 43 years old. If you're starting out from scratch, I would highly recommend the RemotePilot101 course. Thank you very much Jason.

Did you do the remotepilot101 online? Like at udemy?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I know this is my first post so I'll come across like a shill but remotepilot101 was fantastic and a fraction of the cost of other courses. I've never remotely had an interested in being a pilot, and only doing drones now because of the direction of my industry. In one week I went from not knowing what a Sectional Chart even was, to passing the Part 107 with a 90% this weekend. Very knowledgeable guy and I liked the no fluff just the important stuff format with some real world advice thrown in.

Did you do the remotepilot101 online? Like at udemy?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes, but you do the course on his website at www.remotepilot101.com. Take a look. In the middle of the page, you can see all the video titles and the length of each video. There's practice test at the end of each set of lessons and a final practice test at the end. You can take the tests as many times as you like. All incorrect answers are explained.

You can't beat it for $99.

Danny

Thank you for the kind words guys. We're continuing to make it better and better each day.

Thank you for the kind words guys. We're continuing to make it better and better each day.
Jason,
If I buy it now, how long can I take to complete the course? Is there any 'time-out' that would force me to buy it again? There is no way I can get it all in over the holidays with all my grandkids around, but I don't want to wait and miss out on what appears to be a good price.

I have the same question as slothead.

@trumpetturner - I can't remember if I have already read the answer to this question lol but do you receive a "temporary" certificate in the meantime while you wait for the hard copy?

I have the same question as slothead.

@trumpetturner - I can't remember if I have already read the answer to this question lol but do you receive a "temporary" certificate in the meantime while you wait for the hard copy?
Yes, at least 48 hours after you pass the test, you can go on the FAA website and apply for your certificate. After you have done that, upon approval (the vetting process) about 10 days to 2 weeks, a temporary certificate is issued. You can legally fly under the temporary certificate.

If you take the course from remotepilot101.com, Jason has a video that will walk you through making the application for your certificate.

Reactions: danieljmoore
Well...Jason....looks like I am going to become your student with all these great reviews on you. Keep up the great work and I will come to class after Christmas.

I just passed. wish i had found remotepiliot101 as i spent more on a different training course. only got an 87%. passing, but I did want to do better. I was averaging 90% in the practice tests I was taking. Now I play the waiting game.

Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.