Part 107 Exam

Reaction score
So I just passed my Part 107 exam, and it wasn't too difficult (88%), but thought I would pass on my experience to others who might be taking it.

First, of the 60 questions on my test, I would guess at least half or more were focused on reading the sectional. I was struggling with that only because I wore my contacts instead of my readers, which made the handout with the charts difficult to read. I still managed to only miss one of those. Of the six remaining misses, one was a stupid mistake (55lbs is different than less than 55lbs). But there were 5 questions on there that I missed that were not in any of the (free) practice materials and tests that I took. Admittedly, I spent less than 3 hours total preparing, but in the fairness of full disclosure, I do hold a long-since lapsed private pilot's certificate.

Of the things I missed:
  • A couple on Aeronautical Decision Making (which I haven't thought about since I took my private pilot's exam), and not broached in the easy to access reference materials.
  • One about Recall and performance planning - airplane loading
  • One Aircraft registration (particularly what to do/how to register a drone you bought in a foreign country and brought back to the states.)
  • And lastly about control loss when near a building due to frequency interference.

Happily, not a single question about macho, anti-authority, resignation, or invulnerability. I always hated how those questions were asked and answered.

So, there you are. This is just my $0.02, and your milage may vary.

Good luck if you try it yourself.

Congratulations:)

Reactions: N9344H
Congrats. I took mine in late January and agree that sectionals were a huge part of the exam. Someone told me you were allowed to bring a magnifier which I did and it was a big help for my old eyes.

I did have two questions on macho / anti-authority etc. And there were a number of weather questions too, as well as an ADM one. Must be a pretty big bank of questions they pull from.

So I just passed my Part 107 exam, and it wasn't too difficult (88%), but thought I would pass on my experience to others who might be taking it.

First, of the 60 questions on my test, I would guess at least half or more were focused on reading the sectional. I was struggling with that only because I wore my contacts instead of my readers, which made the handout with the charts difficult to read. I still managed to only miss one of those. Of the six remaining misses, one was a stupid mistake (55lbs is different than less than 55lbs). But there were 5 questions on there that I missed that were not in any of the (free) practice materials and tests that I took. Admittedly, I spent less than 3 hours total preparing, but in the fairness of full disclosure, I do hold a long-since lapsed private pilot's certificate.

Of the things I missed:
  • A couple on Aeronautical Decision Making (which I haven't thought about since I took my private pilot's exam), and not broached in the easy to access reference materials.
  • One about Recall and performance planning - airplane loading
  • One Aircraft registration (particularly what to do/how to register a drone you bought in a foreign country and brought back to the states.)
  • And lastly about control loss when near a building due to frequency interference.

Happily, not a single question about macho, anti-authority, resignation, or invulnerability. I always hated how those questions were asked and answered.

So, there you are. This is just my $0.02, and your milage may vary.

Good luck if you try it yourself.

Congrats! I also missed the question about registration. I did get one question on pilot mindset and marked a wrong answer on a question I knew the answer to (what are considered standard atmospheric conditions? Answer 59F 29.92).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4