Part 107 Recurrent exam results & my experience

Reaction score
Just paid the $150 to CATS last week and took exam at 9am this morning. 40 questions, I got 4 wrong, so 90%. 70% is passing. I got an 85% on my original 60 question exam 2 years ago.

One weather question, but really it was a rules question: along the lines of "its foggy but expected to clear, you may launch your UAS when visibility is X and your flight plan is Y below the ceiling"
On my exam, the 3 choices were 1 statute (or nm mile?) and 400, 1 statute mile and 500, and 3 statute miles and 500...

I would say 50% of my questions required looking at sectionals, and knowing different airspace ceilings, at towered and pvt airfields.

I got the change of address question wrong, I said 60 days after, but its 30 days.

I also got a military training route AGL/Speed wrong. All in all, took an hour...happy with results.

Well done and Congratulations :)

Reactions: Tricky
My part 107 is no longer valid as of March 1st and I intend to take my exam on Friday. Do you happen to know if letting my part 107 lapse requires me to take the full-blown test again? Or am I still good to take the recurrent Knowledge Test? Thanks for sharing! As more of the part 107s expire, I think this topic will heat up

My part 107 is no longer valid as of March 1st and I intend to take my exam on Friday. Do you happen to know if letting my part 107 lapse requires me to take the full-blown test again? Or am I still good to take the recurrent Knowledge Test? Thanks for sharing! As more of the part 107s expire, I think this topic will heat up

Your Part 107 doesn't EXPIRE! You simply become "No longer current". As such you can just take the "Recurrent" test and after passing you are CURRENT again.

Reactions: sar104
Yes, I knew expire was not the most accurate word, but was talk-to-texting on my phone and editing on small screen sucks! And thanks for the response BigAL, I am on my desktop now and answered my own question from this gentleman here (and you)

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes, I knew expire was not the most accurate word, but was talk-to-texting on my phone and editing on small screen sucks! And thanks for the response BigAL, I am on my desktop now and answered my own question from this gentleman here (and you)

My pleasure.

With the FAA your "license" doesn't expire but if there are significant changes and a significant amount of time since you were last "current" then the applicant may have to take some Instructor Time but this does not apply to RPIC (not yet anyway).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4