Part 107 Question

Reaction score
So I have a Single Engine Fixed Wing Pilots License but the FAA has denied my class 3 medical. Will this prevent me from getting my Part 107?

No it will not. Your Part 107 license has no dependency on a physical. You will just need to pass the full Part 107 exam like everyone else.

If you're not current on your manned license, you'll need to talk the standard 107 test. And there is no medical involved. However, you will need to by "physically and mentally" able to fly. But it's just self regulated.

Reactions: Capt KO
If you failed the physical due to a marijuana conviction or detection, you may have a problem with the part 107 background check. I remember that as an actually question on the test.

If you're not current on your manned license, you'll need to talk the standard 107 test.

I don't think a valid medical is needed. Per Become a Drone Pilot

Existing Part 61 Certificate Holders
Eligibility:
  • Must hold a pilot certificate issued under 14 CFR part 61
  • Must have completed a flight review within the previous 24 months
And my knowledge is from personal experience too. I hold a PPL and currently fly under BasicMed. My 3rd Class medical expired in 2014 so I flew Light Sport until BasicMed came out. I got my 107 in August 2016 without taking the $150 test, just the FAA online course. Then CFI & IACRA to submit to the FAA.

However, as it says above, you'll have to current on your BFR, which I was. So it's either become current and have some fun flying or take the $150 test every two years.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj