Part 107 online classes

This app was very helpful...studied for 2 weeks on free time and got 92%.

Attachments

• IMG_2761.PNG
    IMG_2761.PNG
    168.9 KB · Views: 330
I took the test a couple weeks ago and passed with an 87, completed the test in 55 mins. The ones I got wrong were the way the questions were worded so read carefully FAA tries to trick you up in the way the questions are phrased. Also you might want to bring a magnifying glass with you for the sectional chart section. The clarity on some of the sectional charts isn't very good due to poor printing and to much info within the chart that deals with some of the questions asked, very crowed when it comes to Class B airspace on some airports. I probably missed 2 questions because I could not make out the info and I had my reading glasses. I mentioned that to the proctor after the exam & she said she's heard that a lot, not good news for those who scored low & its the difference between pass & fail.

I was looking into a few of those on line classes & considered going that route but decided to do it on my own. The FAA tells you what you need to study & provides it on their site for free, downloaded the study guides & also watched YT videos. So many folks sharing their experience & knowledge. The first video I watched was from Tony Northrup, (FREE Drone Certification Study Guide: FAA Part 107 sUAS Test,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) he gives you an in depth video of what to study & how to read METARS & TAFS, pretty much what's in the study guide the FAA puts out there. When I had to dive deeper into sectional charts, weather, or any other topic I just searched YT vids that explained it very clearly that anyone can understand it. There are also quite a few sites that have practice exams you can take, some give you 5-10 questions but I found one that gives you 130 (https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/). I really found it quite helpful after I studied the FAA info. The FAA puts it out there for you for free just have to read through it & put in the time, I put in approx 40 hrs of study. I really liked Remote Pilot 101 & you have access to the material for life, it does not expire, will come in handy when you have to retest in 24 months, I just wanted to roll the dice & see what happens by studying on my own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers