Part 107 License Renewal

Reaction score
I recently sat for and passed the sUAS recurrent knowledge exam. I then went to the IACRA website to apply for an updated (current) license to receive a newly issued card I’d keep in my wallet. After not finding an option for a recurrent exam application I called the IACRA help line and was told they don’t issue new wallet- size license cards. I was told to keep my expired card and that my Exam Report serves as proof of my current remote Pilot status. I would much rather have a new card. Am I being too picky here? I welcome your comments, thanks

Yes you're being a bit picky. With AVIATION we don't get new cards unless the existing one is lost or stolen and IIRC we have to pay for the replacement card.

Reactions: R Martin
Yes you're being a bit picky. With AVIATION we don't get new cards unless the existing one is lost or stolen and IIRC we have to pay for the replacement card.
Ok, thanks!
Ok, Thanks

I recently sat for and passed the sUAS recurrent knowledge exam. I then went to the IACRA website to apply for an updated (current) license to receive a newly issued card I’d keep in my wallet. After not finding an option for a recurrent exam application I called the IACRA help line and was told they don’t issue new wallet- size license cards. I was told to keep my expired card and that my Exam Report serves as proof of my current remote Pilot status. I would much rather have a new card. Am I being too picky here? I welcome your comments, thanks
Yes a bit too picky but I also am wondering what expiration date? My license does not have an expiration date. It only has the Date of Issue. The date of issue would remain the same even on a replacement card since it is the first date when you received that specific license/rating.

Yes driver's licenses (in all 50 states I believe) have expiration dates and pilot's licenses do not. As a pilot you receive the initial license and then it is up to you to remain current, as specified in the regulations.

Reactions: DroneB
Don't forget the change of address which is required within thirty days of the move. Those are the only options for getting a new card that I am aware of.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes a bit too picky but I also am wondering what expiration date? My license does not have an expiration date. It only has the Date of Issue. The date of issue would remain the same even on a replacement card since it is the first date when you received that specific license/rating.

Yes driver's licenses (in all 50 states I believe) have expiration dates and pilot's licenses do not. As a pilot you receive the initial license and then it is up to you to remain current, as specified in the regulations.

There is no expiration date for a pilot's license. We are either "Current" or we aren't and it's up to us, the PIC to track and document this. Your "Currency" can lapse and get picked back up (happens a LOT tbh) so it's our responsiblity to track and maintain proof of currency.

The DATE on your license is Date of ISSUE IRRC. Your currency will be 24 months from that date and then 24months from future dates of recurrency.

Reactions: Earthman
If you want a new card for your wallet you can get one here:

Thanks for the info. I was a bit hasty in assuming I needed a new card after renewing my certification. The good folks here on the forum, including you, have taken the time to explain it all. Much appreciated!

If you want a new card for your wallet you can get one here:
It’s $2 for the replacement card.

I just ordered extra cards for my Part 107 and private pilot’s licenses.

I also just passed my 2nd Part 107 recurrent exam. I file the paper copy, and scan and keep digital copies of the test reports on my iPhone and in DropBox for easy access.

There is no expiration date for a pilot's license. We are either "Current" or we aren't and it's up to us, the PIC to track and document this. Your "Currency" can lapse and get picked back up (happens a LOT tbh) so it's our responsiblity to track and maintain proof of currency.

The DATE on your license is Date of ISSUE IRRC. Your currency will be 24 months from that date and then 24months from future dates of recurrency.
Also, as a matter of terminology, there’s no such thing as a pilot’s license; pilot’s are certified.

Also, as a matter of terminology, there’s no such thing as a pilot’s license; pilot’s are certified.

The terms are loosely interchangeable (although Certificate is the correct term) but that adds nothing to the OP's question what so ever. License, Certificate, Card of Privilege or whatever the expiration issue is still the same.

... The date of issue would remain the same even on a replacement card since it is the first date when you received that specific license/rating...
I ordered a replacement card a little over a year ago. Surprisingly, it came with a new issue date. So I could not use that to tell when I had to recertify. I had to look up my original test date.

I ordered a replacement card a little over a year ago. Surprisingly, it came with a new issue date. So I could not use that to tell when I had to recertify. I had to look up my original test date.

That's very true. It's the CARD issue date and not your flying certification date.

That's very true. It's the CARD issue date and not your flying certification date.
I stand corrected. Thank you. I had to go back and check. Indeed the date on my pilot's license is not from the stone age but recent from when my new card was issued.

• Haha
Thanks. My question has been solved.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj