FAA Part 107 license information

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently passed my Part 107 exam and my FAA application was approved. I received my temporary license until the real one is mailed to me.

The only problem is that under "License Number" it just says pending. I am trying to register on DroneBase to start accepting commercial flying jobs, but they require a license number.

Does anyone know if your FAA application ID ends up being the same as your license number? Would anyone with a license be willing to check their application id on iacra.faa.gov and see if it matches the license number on their physical license.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure it does not. I'm waiting for my permanent certificate as well and asked a FAA Inspector about it. I have a commercial pilot's license and the FAA guy told me they will issue a new, discrete number rather than use the one that is on all my other cerificates.

Those numbers do NOT coordinate. You'll need to wait for the process to complete to get your License # and submit it to the vendor.

I'm in a similar situation as the original poster DJI-Polar. I have a private pilot's license and recently received the temporary 107 license but it shows the certificate number as "pending". Unfortunately to get clearance to fly in restricted airspace via LAANC you need to include you license number. DJI-Polar (or anyone else that has been in this situation), if you're still monitoring the forum can you confirm your permanent drone license has a different number than your private pilot's license.

I'm in a similar situation as the original poster DJI-Polar. I have a private pilot's license and recently received the temporary 107 license but it shows the certificate number as "pending". Unfortunately to get clearance to fly in restricted airspace via LAANC you need to include you license number. DJI-Polar (or anyone else that has been in this situation), if you're still monitoring the forum can you confirm your permanent drone license has a different number than your private pilot's license.

Mine is COMPLETELY different. Not even similar.

Mine is COMPLETELY different. Not even similar.

Thanks. I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure. How long did it take to get the 107 license after you passed the test?

Thanks. I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure. How long did it take to get the 107 license after you passed the test?
I was one of the very first so I think I beat the initial "wave" back in 2016. I got the "credit card" in the mail in about 3 weeks. I've seen others state it took 2x that long though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj