Parachute

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any information or uses a parachute system for there phantom. I am considering getting one and would appreciate any advise on this. Thanks in advance.
IMG_0437.jpg

Reactions: lasersbee and RBuzz
I use a ParaZero SafeAir parachute almost a year now. It’s never been deployed accidentally or otherwise. I fly with it 100% of the time and yes, you will loose a few satellites flying with it. There are videos of deployment test done by Florida Drone Supply and others. If your looking to get a 107.39 waiver it’s the only parachute system approved by FAA. And you can get discounted drone insurance with SkyWatch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I hope that FAA will recognize some day (!) in the future that for drones with parachute should be treated with modified drone laws because this is a big difference in terms of public safety.

Reactions: Terrycross
The para zero is quite a bit more then the one I was looking at. At the same time I know you get what you pay for. Also wondering if the placement would be doing a lot of extra strain on the motors being mounted on the back. Flying with a continual wind from the front.

Reactions: skymonkey
I did some testing when I first received it and didn’t really notice any significant change in maneuvering or decrease time operating in speeds up to 25 mph. Only negative for me is that you will loose a few satellites but not enough to go into atti mode.
I been flying with it 100% of time and have had no issues with anything including motors. And it gets pretty hot down here.

Yes the para zero sits on top of the phantom whereas the one I was looking at is mounted between the two rear legs of the landing gear.

Thank you. You are absolutely right. I hope to come across someone that has one similar to the one I am looking at to give me some feedback on that unit.

It is good for self-confidence but you'll really know how it's working if the drone falls down !

I don’t fly over people but at times I fly around people. To me it has always been about the safety of the innocent below. I have confidence in the ParaZero SafeAir parachute in its ability to deploy autonomously with any mishap. And my insurance will pay if my drone crashes and burn.

I was wondering if anyone has any information or uses a parachute system for there phantom. I am considering getting one and would appreciate any advise on this. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 116415

So one of the unique aspects of this Chute is that it lands the Drone UPSIDE DOWN and deploys when the drone angles at 80 Degrees , it also weighs 85 grams.

The Setup is excessive and once it on, your not going to want to take it on and off to many times so you do have to settle for less air time.

The Over Size Chute is really good , but very prone to drifting in the wind.

That Drift is the most dangerous part about the chute as you may be floating over people just fine but if it drifts over into the freeway , that could be an issue.

There is no website, very little support , made in china ,

I really like the fact that it lands upside down, lots of protection for the camera .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

A question for Florida Drones, or anyone else that may know, what is the difference between the $300 ParaZero SafeAir Phantom and the $1800 ParaZero SafeAir Phantom + Professional Kit listed on the ParaZero website?
Is being ASTM 3322 compliant really worth $1500? I totally freaked myself out when I went to the ParaZero website and saw an $1800 price tag.

$1500 is really too much. I don't think it's worth it.
I can get such one for about $350 here in Slovenia. That is considerable prize. The only thing that's bothering me is those satellites. It may be a problem if you are on the territory where can get only 11 or 12 - just enough to fly (e.g. mountain areas) or canyons. But then you'll put that thing off I think because it's simple - jus one strap around the legs.

A question for Florida Drones, or anyone else that may know, what is the difference between the $300 ParaZero SafeAir Phantom and the $1800 ParaZero SafeAir Phantom + Professional Kit listed on the ParaZero website?
Is being ASTM 3322 compliant really worth $1500? I totally freaked myself out when I went to the ParaZero website and saw an $1800 price tag.

You’ve answered your own question. For those that wish to fly over people and crowds legally yes. Most here prefer to cross their fingers and hope for the best. Then they want to ***** rant and rave for all new rules and regulations.

Reactions: RBuzz
$1500 is really too much. I don't think it's worth it.
I can get such one for about $350 here in Slovenia. That is considerable prize. The only thing that's bothering me is those satellites. It may be a problem if you are on the territory where can get only 11 or 12 - just enough to fly (e.g. mountain areas) or canyons. But then you'll put that thing off I think because it's simple - jus one strap around the legs.

Definitely, you’ll will loose a few satellites, I probably will not use it in mountainous areas as wind will be an issue. Definitely easy installation.

You’ve answered your own question. For those that wish to fly over people and crowds legally yes. Most here prefer to cross their fingers and hope for the best. Then they want to ***** rant and rave for all new rules and regulations.
Mmmmm...I didn't really answer my own question but will, partially, now, New FAA / ASTM F3322 regulations lets drones equipped with parachutes fly over people. - Blog
It still doesn't answer the question of the difference between the $1800 'chute and the $300 'chute. I'll investigate and post my findings a bit later. I've been working abut 13 hours a day.

Mmmmm...I didn't really answer my own question but will, partially, now, New FAA / ASTM F3322 regulations lets drones equipped with parachutes fly over people. - Blog
It still doesn't answer the question of the difference between the $1800 'chute and the $300 'chute. I'll investigate and post my findings a bit later. I've been working abut 13 hours a day.

I apologize, since you mentioned you visited ParaZero website thought you got all information from there.
The parachute alone will cost you $300. If you want to get waiver to fly over people then you also need to purchase the ASTM F3322 documents ($1500) as you’ll need them for your waiver application. Also included in the $1500 is a audio warning buzzer.
So parachute and ASTM package together is $1800.

Reactions: RBuzz
I apologize, since you mentioned you visited ParaZero website thought you got all information from there.
The parachute alone will cost you $300. If you want to get waiver to fly over people then you also need to purchase the ASTM F3322 documents ($1500) as you’ll need them for your waiver application. Also included in the $1500 is a audio warning buzzer.
So parachute and ASTM package together is $1800.
That makes more sense to me. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers