Parachute

Aha! But that's not all! IN ADDITION to what SkyMonkey lists above, you ALSO must purchase your own third party RC receiver and trigger to mount to the ASTM Add On. This is required for ASTM compliance and manual deployment of the parachute, and is not included with the package. SO, Parazero will sell you a parachute. Cool. Then to get your 107.39, you need the ASTM add-on for another $1500. THEN, to actually be compliant and have manual deployment capability, you have to add your own receiver, which also requires a transmitter. BOOM...another $319 if you get the one they recommend.

From Avi at ParaZero on Monday, 12/29:
"Regarding RC, you will need a 3rd party RC to use the manual deployment option (and for compliance with ASTM standard and your waiver). More details on options and how to configure this feature can be found here. We recommend the Futaba T8J as this is the cheapest option of the ones we've test, you can find it on Amazon. As a side note, we are developing a RC of our own which will be easier to configure and also have a smaller footprint. This will be ready within 2 months, I can't quote a specific price at the moment but likely in the same ballpark as the Futaba T8J."

I'm going broke trying to get this **** thing implemented.

• Wow
Reactions: skymonkey and RBuzz
Aha! But that's not all! IN ADDITION to what SkyMonkey lists above, you ALSO must purchase your own third party RC receiver and trigger to mount to the ASTM Add On. This is required for ASTM compliance and manual deployment of the parachute, and is not included with the package. SO, Parazero will sell you a parachute. Cool. Then to get your 107.39, you need the ASTM add-on for another $1500. THEN, to actually be compliant and have manual deployment capability, you have to add your own receiver, which also requires a transmitter. BOOM...another $319 if you get the one they recommend.

From Avi at ParaZero on Monday, 12/29:
"Regarding RC, you will need a 3rd party RC to use the manual deployment option (and for compliance with ASTM standard and your waiver). More details on options and how to configure this feature can be found here. We recommend the Futaba T8J as this is the cheapest option of the ones we've test, you can find it on Amazon. As a side note, we are developing a RC of our own which will be easier to configure and also have a smaller footprint. This will be ready within 2 months, I can't quote a specific price at the moment but likely in the same ballpark as the Futaba T8J."

I'm going broke trying to get this **** thing implemented.

I had heard of of the manual deployment rc but didn’t know it was a requirement for 107.39 waiver.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RBuzz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31