parabolic range extender

Reaction score
Ok I have searched this topic and am still confused on the matter,from what I read in the results on the se the one small antenna is simply to transmit from rc to phone? Seems overkill,but as stated I used the extender and noticed a difference in my range test.
I didn’t max out the distance I simply flew 2600 feet out in a corn feild and repeated the same with extender and noticed one extra bar on my remote icon,the video icon showed no change and that makes sense if those antenna are internal? I understand one bar extra isn’t earth shattering and could be a fluke attributable to other influences,just thought I would ask if I’m imagining things or maybe It works on this model? As a side note I am really enjoying this craft and the hobby in general! For me this was a fairly large investment so I treat it like a baby,no hard landings,maneuvers etc...
And I have to say the phantom has been flawless! I’m still amazed at its capabilities! Thank you in advance.

Ok I have searched this topic and am still confused on the matter,from what I read in the results on the se the one small antenna is simply to transmit from rc to phone? Seems overkill,but as stated I used the extender and noticed a difference in my range test.
I didn’t max out the distance I simply flew 2600 feet out in a corn feild and repeated the same with extender and noticed one extra bar on my remote icon,the video icon showed no change and that makes sense if those antenna are internal? I understand one bar extra isn’t earth shattering and could be a fluke attributable to other influences,just thought I would ask if I’m imagining things or maybe It works on this model? As a side note I am really enjoying this craft and the hobby in general! For me this was a fairly large investment so I treat it like a baby,no hard landings,maneuvers etc...
And I have to say the phantom has been flawless! I’m still amazed at its capabilities! Thank you in advance.
Yes, the single antenna on the RC is control signal only. Video antennas are located inside the controller. The P3 series is solid and reliable.

Enjoy!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yes, the single antenna on the RC is control signal only. Video antennas are located inside the controller. The P3 series is solid and reliable.

Enjoy!
AFAIK the single antenna on the 3SE provides WiFi to tablet/phone. I think the only thing you can accomplish with that antenna is to cover/aim the signal so less interference exists with Video antennas etc. I use the plastic-parabolic-copper-shizzle for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

From my experience with me SE The parabolic booster added a 1000m to my flight with out it I flew 1.6km flew back PUT it on flew 2.6km... on both occasions the video dropped out before the disconnect RTH

From my experience with me SE The parabolic booster added a 1000m to my flight with out it I flew 1.6km flew back PUT it on flew 2.6km... on both occasions the video dropped out before the disconnect RTH
Yes I can confirm range. I flew the last time with parabolic 2,3km. Videofeed lost so RTH was triggered. Did not try the same route without the booster.

Reactions: Doug Rosevear
RTH is triggered by loss of RC control signal. As LarBear stated, you can lose video signal but still have control signal. You typically lose video signal before you lose control signal.
That I’ve seen indeed. When losing feed I did see change distance increase and when I could see the bird again I was able to fly without feed but the only frusterating about that is that the feed does not always come back automatically when lost signal :-(

Litchi video feed re-enabling

When losing feed I did see change distance increase and when I could see the bird again I was able to fly without feed but the only frusterating about that is that the feed does not always come back automatically when lost signal :-(

I see a reference in your post to Litchi video feed, so I'll assume you're using Litchi. I'm using the GO app, so I can only speak from that experience. I have lost video feed, but typically well beyond any reasonable range for a P3. Most times the video returns shortly after that but, there have been a few times when the video feed didn't come back right away, or not until the bird was on its way back after RTH. During those events, I still had full control signal. Even when the app has crashed in the past, I still had RC control. I'm using a stock controller without any windsurfers, antenna mods, or boosters

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4