Painting P3 Shell black

painted mine black too, no issue with heat (with the prop wash its actually cold on top - only the 4k camera stuff is warm, but i didnt change the paint on that.

disassembly is a little painful to be honest.... and im sure this voids warranty in some way ;)

spraying is like any other thing, test it out first on cardboard, remember to clear the head of the can when you're done by spraying elsewhere with the can upside down, spray evenly, do this outside (its toxic), etc.
lets see some pics.......or it didn't happen lol ;)

VtG3gsFXMMs_-DniaMYCDN9N5hPGAxw52rWKjxdua50=w1199-h900-no

Flying in the mist, it got quite wet.. guess that's why they do the conformal coating
bitone bonus.. you dont have to remove all electronics hehehe. still looks cool ;)

following...

painting just the top would be easy.

Reactions: bobmyers
Man, I really want to try this. My main hesitation is taking this thing apart. Is there a paint I can use instead of spray paint so maybe I can avoid disassembly?

Man, I really want to try this. My main hesitation is taking this thing apart. Is there a paint I can use instead of spray paint so maybe I can avoid disassembly?

you could just tape up the vents, leds, motors, etc... and spray paint, then you would only have to worry about painting the vents.

or you could just leave the vents white...

Looks like the full body decals may be difficult to install-- placement would have to be perfect. Do you know the application process?

youtube prolly has some videos....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj