Packing my P3P for warranty repair

Reaction score
Forgive me all if this has been covered in another thread but I would appreciate some info. Dji is sending me a shipping label to return my P3P for warranty repair. In the email they say not to ship any accessories (props, charger, battery, etc) just the AC complete with gimbal and the RC for testing. And not to ship it in the factory white phantom box unless its inside another box with proper protection (bubble wrap, peanuts etc). How should i package this to honor their conditions?

Forgive me all if this has been covered in another thread but I would appreciate some info. Dji is sending me a shipping label to return my P3P for warranty repair. In the email they say not to ship any accessories (props, charger, battery, etc) just the AC complete with gimbal and the RC for testing. And not to ship it in the factory white phantom box unless its inside another box with proper protection (bubble wrap, peanuts etc). How should i package this to honor their conditions?
If you have the factory white box with all the egg crate ( top and bottom). put the drone and RC in it and then find a brown cardboard box that you can fit it in tight.
I have shipped to DJI in California many times.

Reactions: 3rdof5
If you have the factory white box with all the egg crate ( top and bottom). put the drone and RC in it and then find a brown cardboard box that you can fit it in tight.
I have shipped to DJI in California many times.
Thank you i do and i will.

Ive attached the camera gimbal lock (i assume that would be required) to protect it, i assume it will come back like that?

If you have the original packing materials use them. DJI packed it the way they did for a reason.... It works.

Otherwise, pack it in a way that cradles the contents. I know this sounds vague, but picture the box being transported down the worst pothole filled road you can while the box is sitting upside down. "This side up" and "fragile" mean turn it upside down and throw hard. Pack it to survive.

Well officially, any product returned in its on shelf box (ex, the white phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it as an invoiced repair. But it says you can provide the original box inside of another box, which UPS happily made one for me and ensured it was packaged safely and according to dji's requirements. So my baby is on its way to California for some love.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl