DJI Repair Service Lost My Camera!

Reaction score
So I had a minor crash which cracked the cameral lens on my P3P. Spoke to DJI repair service who assured me they can work wonders with them and the camera should be repairable. Packaged it all up, wrapped the camera which was detached in the crash in bubble wrap, placed it in the box with the phantom, packed a bunch of extra bubble wrap in the box, Filled out repair form which said damage to camera and landing gear due to crash, and sent it off. Next thing I get a repair bill for landing gear replacement. Called and spoke to a guy name Ian. Claimed they didn't have the camera and would have a manager contact me. A week went by and I get another repair bill for landing gear replacement. called back and spoke to an Iesha, who once again assured me that a manager would be calling me within the next 48 hrs. No call, just a new repair bill, now including the price of a new camera! At this point I am absolutely disgusted with DJI!!! I had heard on this forum that DJI usually takes care of their customers well, but this has been far from my experience!!!

So I had a minor crash which cracked the cameral lens on my P3P. Spoke to DJI repair service who assured me they can work wonders with them and the camera should be repairable. Packaged it all up, wrapped the camera which was detached in the crash in bubble wrap, placed it in the box with the phantom, packed a bunch of extra bubble wrap in the box, Filled out repair form which said damage to camera and landing gear due to crash, and sent it off. Next thing I get a repair bill for landing gear replacement. Called and spoke to a guy name Ian. Claimed they didn't have the camera and would have a manager contact me. A week went by and I get another repair bill for landing gear replacement. called back and spoke to an Iesha, who once again assured me that a manager would be calling me within the next 48 hrs. No call, just a new repair bill, now including the price of a new camera! At this point I am absolutely disgusted with DJI!!! I had heard on this forum that DJI usually takes care of their customers well, but this has been far from my experience!!!
Call and demand to talk to a manager. If they are surly and rude, too, call back on a different day and time and hope you get a nicer one! They have several of each!

Just a thought, but bearing in mind how light the camera is, and the fact you packed a load of extra bubble wrap in the box, I would think there's a fair chance that they pulled all the wrap out of the box and junked it, along with you camera.

Reactions: peterepeat69
Everyone I have spoken to has been very friendly and attempted to help, but all they can do is refer to a manager, who they keep telling me will call me back. Repair bill with new camera came yesterday, was so angry that I decided better not to call until Monday and I'd had a chance to cool down... Of course then I woke up at 3am today annoyed and this was all I could think about...

Everyone I have spoken to has been very friendly and attempted to help, but all they can do is refer to a manager, who they keep telling me will call me back. Repair bill with new camera came yesterday, was so angry that I decided better not to call until Monday and I'd had a chance to cool down... Of course then I woke up at 3am today annoyed and this was all I could think about...
You can request to be transferred to a manager during your call. Don't wait for a manager callback that will never come.

Just a thought, but bearing in mind how light the camera is, and the fact you packed a load of extra bubble wrap in the box, I would think there's a fair chance that they pulled all the wrap out of the box and junked it, along with you camera.
That is unfortunately the most likely scenario! :rolleyes:

Oh, I am sure that is what happened. One would think though when they read the Customer info sheet packed on top that said damage to camera and landing gear due to crash, that they might look for a camera???? Honestly what annoys me more than anything is the lack of response from them! Communication goes a long way.

Oh, I am sure that is what happened. One would think though when they read the Customer info sheet packed on top that said damage to camera and landing gear due to crash, that they might look for a camera???? Honestly what annoys me more than anything is the lack of response from them! Communication goes a long way.
Don't presume that they can read! :rolleyes:
Communication has also never been their strong suit. By being unresponsive or just closing out open issues at their whim, they assume you'll just go away. Don't! Be the squeaky wheel that gets their attention, and escalate to a manager.

Posted my frustrations on the DJI Facebook page this morning. Have rec'd response that they are looking into it. I offered to meet them halfway on the price of a new camera, as I was expecting a repair bill, and I'm not looking for something for free, but they lost it, so they should meet me somewhere on it...
I've never been one to let things lie when I've been wronged, so we'll see where it goes... Will update.

The cameras themselves are usually not repairable, especially if it was the lens and not just the UV filter, so they would likely have tossed it anyway, even if they acknowledged receiving it, but you never know. They have plenty of refurb cameras they could replace it with, from other aircraft.

The cameras themselves are usually not repairable, so they would likely have tossed it anyway, even if they acknowledged receiving it.

When I initially called, I was expecting the worst, which would be a new camera. But then I described the damage, and the DJI guy was full of rainbows and unicorns about the wonders they can work on repairing these things and not to worry, he thought it would be repairable. Which gave me hope!

Then the total lack of communication, failed promises of call backs, or even a chance to discuss the situation with someone who can actually make a decision instead of just getting the "we have talked to a manager about it, and they will call you, goodbye", coupled with the, here's your new bill for almost 500 bucks, has me totally ticked off to say the least! Not to mention the ineptness of the intake department to have not looked through the packaging for the single most expensive part of the Phantom when it was clearly listed as the issue it was being sent in for!

If they had just called me and said it was screwed, you need a new one, I would have been bummed, but it is what it is. But the way this whole thing has been handled....... Has just got me beside myself.

Good luck on Monday, and hold their feet to the fire with all the repair assurances the rep gave you on the phone, whether true or not...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav