P4Pv2: Battery not properly connected

Reaction score
Several times now, I’ll insert a battery into my P4P v2 and everything powers up and connects and I’m getting good signal and data into the controller and the Go app but I’m told “Cannot takeoff. Ensure the aircraft battery is properly connected”

I find it amusing because If it wasn’t one would think that the drone wouldn’t be working at all.

What is this message specifically reporting? I.e., what should I look for as the source of the error?

To resolve I have to power off, remove, reinsert and power up several times; anywhere from 1-3 times. Sometimes I can just grab a different battery and then it fires right up. Recharge that battery and try it later that day and sometimes it too will report the error.

This only occurs with one of 6 batteries I have for the P4s I own.

Update: replaced the one and problem disappeared. Then, almost a year later it’s returned, again, only won’t one of 5 batteries affected. I plan to just tape over this sensor, it’s not helping me but hindering.

Last edited:
What is this message specifically reporting? I.e., what should I look for as the source of the error?
The V2 has a battery latch sensor and will not power up if not inserted correctly. This apparently was added due to the numerous reports of V1 battery shutdowns. That's what I would check first.

@Drestin Black .....Also, just noticed this. Something I see quite often. Not a big deal, but did you notice your profile image is reversed horizontally? Just one of those things I notice......:p:p

The V2 has a battery latch sensor and will not power up if not inserted correctly. This apparently was added due to the numerous reports of V1 battery shutdowns. That's what I would check first.
Hey Dawg, I have a 3 , but have followed the P4 battery falling out symptoms since the getgo. It was my understanding also that the DJI fix would not even allow the drone to power on if the battery was not securely latched and I assume, closing a microswitch. But Black's issue looks to indicate that the drone will power on, but not fly, in that scenario. Are there two stages to this?

Thanks

Are there two stages to this?
Possibly. But unknown to be honest. If the latch switch is more than a single MS, or relay activated ( Unlikely ),
I can't really answer the question as to the actual circuitry involved.

Does this with one battery or multiple batteries?

Quote from the OP in Post#1

" I cannot be absolutely certain but I believe this happens more frequently when I use the hi-cap battery vs standard."

Quote from the OP in Post#1

" I cannot be absolutely certain but I believe this happens more frequently when I use the hi-cap battery vs standard."
my intention was to determine the quantity of batteries that were involved in the op’s issue.
I’ll just watch.

Does this with one battery or multiple batteries?

It only occurred with one battery out of 6. I sold the battery to a buddy who has a regular P4 and he’s had zero issue with it.

Have flow over 40 flights since the time of this post without an incident then suddenly today, message popped up. Removed and reinserted the same battery and message went away.

I think the tolerance on the switch is too tight. I am going to try to permanently bypass it by taping over it. I’ve never had a battery come loose with four drones, dozens of batteries and years of flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.