P4Pro Pilots in North Houston area

Reaction score
Hello all! I live just north of Houston, TX and would like to connect with pilots in this area. My objective is to have some help/supervision on my first flights from someone who has knowledge and experience. I have flown my new P4Pro a little, but I'm having some issues that I think will be minor to a more experienced pilot. Any help?

Matt

Welcome to PhantomPilots! I'm way up in Ohio but always willing to help out on here :D

Welcome to PhantomPilots! I'm way up in Ohio but always willing to help out on here :D
Thanks. The main issue I have been having is not getting a connection between the ipad and the aircraft. I read on here this morning that the a/c generates its own wi fi signal, I just have to get the ipad to see it. That shouldn't be too difficult. The other issue is not being able to see the ipad screen in sunlight, not sure there's a fix for that. I'd be willing to buy a cheap tablet just to fly with, if I can find one with a less reflective screen.

Thanks. The main issue I have been having is not getting a connection between the ipad and the aircraft. I read on here this morning that the a/c generates its own wi fi signal, I just have to get the ipad to see it. That shouldn't be too difficult. The other issue is not being able to see the ipad screen in sunlight, not sure there's a fix for that. I'd be willing to buy a cheap tablet just to fly with, if I can find one with a less reflective screen.
That's not true if you own a P4P. You're posting in the P4P section of this forum, so I assume you own a P4P, correct?

The P4P craft communicates with the RC using Lightbridge, not Wifi. The RC then communicates with the tablet via USB cable. Do you have the USB cable connected between the RC and iPad, or other tablet?

The only DJI craft to use WiFi is P3S and Spark. Wifi is inherently weaker and will not provide as much range, generally only about half mile or so.

The best tablet screens to see in daylight are iPad and the Nvidia Sheild K1 (can be hard to find). iPad give less grief to most. You will always appreciate the shade of a tree to help see the screen. DJI offers Crystal Sky 1000 nit screens made for daylight viewing, but they won't run third party apps, and you'll likely want that eventually.

When flying the iPad is hard wired to the RC via the Lightning cable. If you need to connect the iPad to directly to the aircraft itself (to update firmware etc) this is done with the included OTG cable. Plug the OTG cable into the aircraft in the USB slot right next to the memory card, then plug the lightning cable into that.

That's not true if you have a P4P. The craft communicates with the RC using Lightbridge, not Wifi. The RC then communicates with the tablet via USB cable. Do you have the USB cable connected between the RC and iPad, or other tablet?

The only DJI craft to use WiFi is P3S and Spark. Wifi is inherently weaker and will not provide as much range, generally only about half mile or so.

The best tablet screens to see in daylight are iPad and the Nvidia Sheild K1 (can be hard to find). iPad give less grief to most. You will always appreciate the shade of a tree to help see the screen. DJI offers Crystal Sky 1000 nit screens made for daylight viewing, but they won't run third party apps, and you'll likely want that eventually.

I don't know about Lightbridge, but would like to. I have a cable running from the RC to my ipad. I would appreciate any information you can give me.

I don't know about Lightbridge, but would like to. I have a cable running from the RC to my ipad. I would appreciate any information you can give me.
If you haven't read the manual yet, that's where you should begin. DO NOT try to fly without reading the entire manual in detail. You'll learn a lot, and you'll thank me later.

Here's the P4P Manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl