P4P+ vs. P4P+V2.0

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure this question has been kicked around before, however, I'm wondering if there is any REAL difference in performance between these aircraft?
Let's consider everything:

Flight Characteristics
Performance in Flight
Camera and Quality of either still images and/or video
Remote controller

I should explain that I currently fly(and have for the last 20 months) a Phantom 4 Pro+ equipped with 'quiet props' and I'm using the remote controller with the built in 5.5 inch screen.

Just wanted to hear what other experienced pilots are saying about the differences.

Thanks.......

Reactions: jorito
I'm sure this question has been kicked around before, however, I'm wondering if there is any REAL difference in performance between these aircraft?
There's very little real difference.
DJI swapped the already very good Lightbridge control for their newer and also very good Occusync and didn't change anything else that makes any difference.
The camera was untouched and flight performance is the same

Thanks to all who replied.....

I have felt all along there couldn't be much difference between my P4P+ and the P4P+V2.0
Certainly nothing in terms of aircraft flight performance and camera performance.
Absolutely the 5.5" screen built in to the controller is a nice improvement over the older controller that requires you to use your phone or tablet to act as a display.

Everything that DJI has learned over the last decade has certainly been packed into the P4P+V2.0

Hi,

Flight Characteristics
Performance in Flight
Remote controller

I should explain that I currently fly(and have for the last 20 months) a Phantom 4 Pro+ equipped with 'quiet props' and I'm using the remote controller with the built in 5.5 inch screen.

Just wanted to hear what other experienced pilots are saying about the differences.

Thanks.......

I can think of two issues : One the V2 has a battery clip that is suppose to warn you of a loose battery but the clip can be very annoying,
The second thing is if your planning on getting the Plus Version meaning it comes with the Plus controller you going to find the Pro Plus more app friendly than the V2 Plus Controller.
As long as you know the ins and out of both your good.. We always recommend the Pro Version to our clients.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.
Coal

Doesn't the P4P V2 work with the smart controller now? It's a smaller device that may be more convenient, if you already own one. SC isn't compatible with P4PV1.

I believe the DJI goggles work with the P4PV2 version since Goggles are Ocu-Sync2 compatible, not compatible with P4PV1. And I believe OcuSync2 allows you to have two viewing devices connected to the drone at the same time, so your friend can watch through a pair of googles while you fly the craft with your own viewing device.

I think the V2 has 100mbps write speed to the SD card, and V1 is 60, if my memory serves me right.

I personally think the OcuSync2 in my M2Z works better than Lightbridge in my P4PV1. OcuSync2 seems more stable at long range, less fuzzy, and less susceptible to break up the video feed. I think the video downlink using Lightbridge is 720 resolution and OcuSync2 is 1080, if I remember right. I would assume the P4PV2 with OcuSync2 would work better too, but haven't directly compared them. But then there's all the advantages of the P4PV1 when you have 1.3.509 craft firmware, allowing the flight parameters to be set to your own preferences, unlocking it. You can't do that with the P4PV2.

Last edited:
Reactions: gppms
Doesn't the P4P V2 work with the smart controller now? It's a smaller device that may be more convenient, if you already own one. SC isn't compatible with P4PV1.

I believe the DJI goggles work with the P4PV2 version since Goggles are Ocu-Sync2 compatible, not compatible with P4PV1. And I believe OcuSync2 allows you to have two viewing devices connected to the drone at the same time, so your friend can watch through a pair of googles while you fly the craft with your own viewing device.

I personally think the OcuSync2 in my M2Z works better than Lightbridge in my P4PV1. OcuSync2 seems more stable at long range, less fuzzy, and less susceptible to break up the video feed. I think the video downlink using Lightbridge is 720 resolution and OcuSync2 is 1080, if I remember right. I would assume the P4PV2 with OcuSync2 would work better too, but haven't directly compared them. But then there's all the advantages of the P4PV1 when you have 1.3.509 craft firmware, allowing the flight parameters to be set to your own preferences, unlocking it. You can't do that with the P4PV2.

Exactly, I had the p4p v1 and now the v2, there is a new company name drone hacks and with their application you can now change the parameters also to the p4p v2.0 with the latest firmware.

Absolutely the 5.5" screen built in to the controller is a nice improvement over the older controller that requires you to use your phone or tablet to act as a display.
The controller with the integrated tablet isn't a new improvement.
The original P4 pro and the later P4 pro V2.0 were each available with either controller.

What about not getting the plus screen, and buying the crystal sky for the price difference. then you have the crystal sky available for any other drones you have. Are there advantages to the plus screen over the crystal sky?

The controller with the integrated tablet isn't a new improvement.
The original P4 pro and the later P4 pro V2.0 were each available with either controller.
Just wanted to be clear on the various controllers used through the P4P series of aircraft:

The original P4P used DJI's original controller that had no built in display and required you to use either a cell phone or a tablet to act as your screen.
The P4P+ was the same aircraft and camera system but came with a controller with an integrated 5.5 " display using Lightbridge technology.
The P4P+V2.0 is the same aircraft and camera system but comes with a controller with an integrated 5.5" display that utilizes DJI's Occusync technology.

Certainly, the only real difference between the P4P+ and the P4P+V2.0 is the slight difference between the controllers and the technology they use.

• Love
Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
The original P4P used DJI's original controller that had no built in display and required you to use either a cell phone or a tablet to act as your screen.
From the day the original P4 pro was released, buyers had a choice of two controllers.
One with an integrated tablet and one without.

Hi,

Flight Characteristics
Performance in Flight
Remote controller

Thanks.......
The main reason I went the the V2 model was the ocusync controller system. The ocusync lets me fly further without loosing signal or having the video break up on my display. Down side, you cannot use with VR goggles like my Fatsharks. Only the DJI ones will work and no option seems to be in the near future.

Reactions: gppms
The main reason I went the the V2 model was the ocusync controller system. The ocusync lets me fly further without loosing signal or having the video break up on my display. Down side, you cannot use with VR goggles like my Fatsharks. Only the DJI ones will work and no option seems to be in the near future.

Me too, I had the v1 and sold it after I bought the v2 and the transmission system is much better I can fly lower without any video breaks or any freezes.If you use the crystal sky monitor or the smart controller you can connect the Fatshark goggles to the hdmi output.

Last edited:
There are 'reviews' of the P4P+V2.0 on YouTube now suggesting the P4P+V2.O has new engines which, in combination, with the low noise props, lower the overall sound by about 60%.

I currently fly a P4P+ and use both the old regular props as well as the low noise props.
There is no question the low noise props lower the sound of the drone.......but not by 60%.

Question:

Has DJI installed new engines on the P4P+V2.O?

Is the P4P+V2.0, overall, quieter than the earlier P4P aircraft?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20