P4P vs. P4P v2.0

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Going to be buying my first drone here soon. Was looking at buying a P4P as I have aspirations to eventually use it for commercial purposes and am under the impression the P4P is a drone that allows for learning and is up to par for commercial uses (correct me if I’m wrong).

I’ve been looking around and have been seeing issues about P4P’s randomly crashing and was wondering if these issues were fixed or as common in the v2.0?

Any other opinions regarding the P4P vs. the P4P 2.0 are appreciated. I apologize in advance if any of this was misinformed, my only knowledge has come from hours online.

Going to be buying my first drone here soon. Was looking at buying a P4P as I have aspirations to eventually use it for commercial purposes and am under the impression the P4P is a drone that allows for learning and is up to par for commercial uses (correct me if I’m wrong).
I’ve been looking around and have been seeing issues about P4P’s randomly crashing and was wondering if these issues were fixed or as common in the v2.0?
Any other opinions regarding the P4P vs. the P4P 2.0 are appreciated. I apologize in advance if any of this was misinformed, my only knowledge has come from hours online.
The P4 pro and P4 pro V2.0 are very similar.
The changes in the versions don't make any difference to using the drone (except that the V2.0 is still waiting for updated apps for things like mapping.
The P4 pro has been an extremely reliable machine and doesn't have any issues to be concerned about.

Either version offers the most bang per buck for most professional uses and gives a great balance between camera quality, performance and price.

Remember more people will complain about a product than write about it being what they expected. For every crash you read about there are thousands of perfect performers out there. Mine included. Good luck.

Reactions: SZAABS and Loz
Tell us more about the intended use, where do hope to use it most/for what outside of (future) commercial flying? I'd want to get more of an idea before recommended a model.

The issues you mostly read about are, for the most part, user errors. Poor designs by DJI contribute to it (such as the way P4P batteries are supposed to clip firmly in place); but a lot of the crashes are usually caused by improper checks attributed by the pilot

RoOSTA

Thanks for the replies guys!

@roosta I intend to use it for real estate, golf course and possible wedding photography as of now. I live in the mountains in Georgia and plan to use it to take some nice photos/ video just for fun as well.

Was that battery fit issue fixed in the 2.0?

@roosta I intend to use it for real estate, golf course and possible wedding photography as of now. I live in the mountains in Georgia and plan to use it to take some nice photos/ video just for fun as well.

Was that battery fit issue fixed in the 2.0?
The one thing that forums are really good at is spreading myths.
There was no battery fit issue that needed fixing.

The one thing that forums are really good at is spreading myths.
There was no battery fit issue that needed fixing.

Interesting, so what was it that caused DJI to change the design of the battery latch mechanism given I assume inside knowledge, or are these opinions?

Interesting, so what was it that caused DJI to change the design of the battery latch mechanism given I assume inside knowledge, or are these opinions?
They made no change at all to the battery latching mechanism.
They put in a sensor to detect a battery not properly locked in.

Reactions: DKG13CC and Loz
They made no change at all to the battery latching mechanism.
They put in a sensor to detect a battery not properly locked in.

To clarify, this is what I meant, a sensor. I remember seeing a thread about this with images showing where the sensor was placed. As illustrated in the mods video post above. The latch prevents takeoff if the battery in incorrectly inserted; reduces potential of pilot error and results in (hopefully) fewer drones randomly dropping from the sky unexpectedly.

What you have described is something the Mavic can also do pretty well. Depends on exactly when you plan to buy; most of us expect DJI to launch the Mavic 2 shortly which I'd suggest waiting for given it's cheaper and will also do quality 4K... Or, if you have the cash and wish to splurge now, your only bet is the P4P v2 from DJI - unless you purchase from another vendor online; as the P4P white and obsidian are discontinued by DJI...

RoOSTA

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I have a P4P and have never had a single issue what so ever.
This is a brilliant bird,so stable and responsive,most crashes and mishaps are definitely operator error.I would recommend
anyone to go out and get one,you won't be disappointed.
Flying for 5 months now and am so addicted to it...one day I will start making money with it.. My first post...
So good luck future owners!,

The P4 pro and P4 pro V2.0 are very similar.
The changes in the versions don't make any difference to using the drone (except that the V2.0 is still waiting for updated apps for things like mapping.
The P4 pro has been an extremely reliable machine and doesn't have any issues to be concerned about.

Either version offers the most bang per buck for most professional uses and gives a great balance between camera quality, performance and price.

What are the differences between P4P and P4P V2.0??

What are the differences between P4P and P4P V2.0??
From DJI's FAQ for the P4 pro V2.0 ... DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

1.What are the main similarities and differences between the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro?
The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 uses the same camera as the Phantom 4 Pro and is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor capable of shooting 4K/60fps video at 100Mbps. Also, like the Phantom 4 Pro, V2.0 features a 30-minute maximum flight time and 7-kilometer long-range control. The remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also supports 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency switching, and a remote controller a with built-in screen is also available. Different from the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is equipped with an OcuSync transmission system, which allows the drone to connect to DJI Goggles wirelessly. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also features an upgraded propulsion system with FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 9455S quick-release propellers that reduce noise and make the drone more aerodynamic. *The remote controller of Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, which uses Lightbridge transmission. Other accessories such as batteries, chargers, and ND filters are compatible with both the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

Hey guys!
Going to be buying my first drone here soon. Was looking at buying a P4P as I have aspirations to the P4P vs. the P4P 2.0 are appreciated. I apologize in advance if any of this was misinformed, my only knowledge has come from hours online.

Ive just got one. Its the absolute dogs. I spent a while looking at all the options under £2k, and nothing comes close to the P4Pro+V2

Yuneec is having a good go but its still way behind.

And I got mine from Jessops - a refurb, 500 quid off. Its not a refurb, its still in all it original packaging except the controller which had the plastic sheet removed. Last I looked theyve got a standard pro v2 for £1189, £400 quid off. Still get a years warranty etc

From DJI's FAQ for the P4 pro V2.0 ... DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

1.What are the main similarities and differences between the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro?
The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 uses the same camera as the Phantom 4 Pro and is equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor capable of shooting 4K/60fps video at 100Mbps. Also, like the Phantom 4 Pro, V2.0 features a 30-minute maximum flight time and 7-kilometer long-range control. The remote controller of the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also supports 2.4 and 5.8GHz frequency switching, and a remote controller a with built-in screen is also available. Different from the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is equipped with an OcuSync transmission system, which allows the drone to connect to DJI Goggles wirelessly. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 also features an upgraded propulsion system with FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs and 9455S quick-release propellers that reduce noise and make the drone more aerodynamic. *The remote controller of Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is not compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro, which uses Lightbridge transmission. Other accessories such as batteries, chargers, and ND filters are compatible with both the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.
Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj