P4P+ V2 , RC/Go and sd card how to use?

Reaction score
Hi, newbie question.
New to drone, and am looking if possible to use the SD card in the RC to hold the local pictures, videos and locally saved data, if possible.
I say if possible as there does not seem to be a way in settings or storage to use the Sd card?
I presume I'm missing some setting some where and help with this would be appreciated.

It would also be good if local maps could be stored on the SD card, but from what I've read there seems to be a bug thats preventing the storage of local maps?

S

Welcome to the forum. I recommend reading the online manual for your P4.

It would also be good if local maps could be stored on the SD card, but from what I've read there seems to be a bug thats preventing the storage of local maps?
Local maps are stored in cache memory on your device. Not on the SD card. Welcome Aboard.

Welcome to the forum. I recommend reading the online manual for your P4.

I thought I had, I downloaded all the + v2 manuals I caould find ond the Go 4 Pilots manual but can not find anything covering such.
Admittedly I prefer pdf's to having to watch Video tutorials but so far have found the dji manuals pretty lightweight and not covering all the options, particularly the go 4 app in much depth. Any pointers to my oversight will be appreciated.

Local maps are stored in cache memory on your device. Not on the SD card. Welcome Aboard.

I've seen a video downloading / saving maps but this dosn't seem to be via the current Go 4 app :-(

Any guidance on having pictures/video saved to SD by default?

I thought I had, I downloaded all the + v2 manuals I caould find ond the Go 4 Pilots manual but can not find anything covering such.
Admittedly I prefer pdf's to having to watch Video tutorials but so far have found the dji manuals pretty lightweight and not covering all the options, particularly the go 4 app in much depth. Any pointers to my oversight will be appreciated.
You can find the online manual here:
DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI
On that page tap the small arrow pointing down at the top center and select downloads.

Last edited:
Hi 3rdof5, I have those all saved and still believe I've read them and cant find the answer, subsequently finding the "DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot’s Handbook", but also cannot find anything relevant in that :-(
I'm beginning to wonder what he SD card slot is for on the RC any hints, guidance appreciated!

Hi 3rdof5, I have those all saved and still believe I've read them and cant find the answer, subsequently finding the "DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot’s Handbook", but also cannot find anything relevant in that :-(
I'm beginning to wonder what he SD card slot is for on the RC any hints, guidance appreciated!
Its for an sd card which is used to save recorded video and photos. Which you can remove afterwards and place into a card reader (usually usb) for viewing on a pc, etc.

Oops you say on the RC??? That i cant answer as i own a P3P which doesnt have that.

I wasn't aware the p4p had an sd card slot on the remote.

I'm beginning to wonder what he SD card slot is for on the RC any hints
It is for updating the RC firmware for one. Do some searches around here. You will find plenty of threads with what you are looking for.

Reactions: Oso
I wasn't aware the p4p had an sd card slot on the remote.
The "+" versions have the SD card slot on the RC for updating FW (as noted). It can also be used for playback of video and stills from the SD card removed from the AC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4